confused but surprised!

Options
So last weekend was not the best food wise for me....I was away for the weekend and ate out... had a few drinks then came home to a potluck... but i decided i wasnt gonna feel guilty and anticipated i might have gained weither it be from bloatedness of too much sodium or actual gain from grease ( oops) . So monday i weighed myself at work and yeppers... the scale went up a couple lbs...which sucked but didnt phase me since i was anticipating it... but today i decided to weigh myself ( self torture??) and holy heck...not only were those lbs i gained gone ...but an additional 2!! not really sure how that works.... but i will take it

Replies

• cownancy
    cownancy Posts: 291
    Options
    Isn't it odd how the scale works. FYI....all of the weight loss pros I deal with say that you should only weigh yourself ONCE a week that the most frequent and use the same scale. Otherwise, you can drive yourself nuts and totally screw up your motivation. Just a comment I hope might help you!!!!!

I've had the same experience as you, though. Great attitude to just keep going in a positive direction!
  • arkenny
    arkenny Posts: 125
    Options
    oh i usually only weigh mondays...but i was just having one of those mental days .....im kinda glad i did...made me happy :)
  • hail87666
    hail87666 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I changed my weigh days to fridays so I have chance to work off the weekend lol
  • arkenny
    arkenny Posts: 125
    Options
    hah love it...
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day (same time each morning) - I *have* to know what my body is doing!

It would be seriously de-motivating for me if I only weighed once a week, and I saw gains! By weighing every day, I know exactly how certain foods, alcohol, exercise, ToM, etc. affects my body. Armed with this information, when I see a gain (and I often do from day to day), it really doesn't phase me because I know that it's not a real one, that it will only be one of the many whims of my body (I don't go over my calorie allowance - even at weekends, I eat healthily, and I workout almost every day)!

Each to their own - what works for me may not work for others, and vice-versa! :smile:

Well done on your loss, Arkenny!