Looking for female friends who do IF

Options
I’d love to connect with you for encouragement and inspiration!

Replies

• Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I kinda do IF - coffee with sugar free flavored creamer (less than 100cal) before noon. Then lunch around 1pm, dinner around 8 or 9pm. 1400 daily calories.
  • Smaronoah
    Smaronoah Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi Tuliper1 ! I would like to have some IF friends, too. What does your IF look like? Mine is usually a 24-hour period, 2-3 times per week. I do allow myself all the tea / coffee and creamer I like, though. That usually adds up to about 400 calories per day. Admittedly, I haven't followed a regimen-- so if you follow a different pattern / time period / frequency per week or whatever, I can probably switch up my way of doing things!!
  • FitAuntie2018
    FitAuntie2018 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Hey! I do IF as well ... my window is 11-7 .. I’m going to add you!
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Smaronoah wrote: »
    Hi Tuliper1 ! I would like to have some IF friends, too. What does your IF look like? Mine is usually a 24-hour period, 2-3 times per week. I do allow myself all the tea / coffee and creamer I like, though. That usually adds up to about 400 calories per day. Admittedly, I haven't followed a regimen-- so if you follow a different pattern / time period / frequency per week or whatever, I can probably switch up my way of doing things!!

That's not IF. In fact, that doesn't sound very healthy. There is a 5:2 version of IF where you eat 500 calories two nonconsecutive days a week and maintenance the other five days. But you still have to make sure you're actually getting nutrients on that day and not just coffee creamer.
  • Smaronoah
    Smaronoah Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    That's not IF. In fact, that doesn't sound very healthy. There is a 5:2 version of IF where you eat 500 calories two nonconsecutive days a week and maintenance the other five days. But you still have to make sure you're actually getting nutrients on that day and not just coffee creamer.

Thanks! I have an admittedly sketchy eating history that I developed on the fly... hence why I'm here. Time to grow up and start eating correctly so that I'm properly nourished AND my weight stays on an even keel ;-) I will research more about IF.
  • Biffsoup
    Biffsoup Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I do 20 hours fasting a day from (usually) 6pm to 2pm the next day works perfect with my work schedule and is really easy to maintain I'm in bed early in general so early (I wouldn't consider it early but others might) dinners are also familiar I love it!
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I have always been a natural IFer - it wasn't until I'd been on MFP for a few years that I even learned the term. Breakfast always made me ravenous all day, and when I tried the method of eating multiple small meals throughout the day I was never satisfied. I prefer having the calories for a large and satisfying dinner. I roughly follow 18:6.
  • callmebubblesdarling2015
    Options
    I've been doing IF for almost two weeks now and I've lost 14.5 pounds. It seems to really work for me. I think when I try to eat small meals I think about food all the time and am always hungry. My window is generally around 3:00-9:30 or so. I drink black tea and a lot of water in the morning. Please feel free to add me.
  • lisaloumn2
    lisaloumn2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I mainly do 16:8 with an 11am-7pm eat window, I do have a modified hi fat coffee in the morning after my workout (about 120 cal) which I know technically breaks the fast, but without it I am hungry around 9 am and some say the hi fat is not really breaking fast.
  • hellonew2015
    hellonew2015 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I do 18/6. I start eating at 1:30 then stop at 7:30. It keeps me in deficit!
  • AtLeastOnceMore
    AtLeastOnceMore Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Trying to get back into IF after a period without. I used to do 16:8, with an eating window from 11am-7pm and hope to restart tomorrow.
  • EireneX
    EireneX Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I'm on 16/8. Eating window either 9:45-17:45 or simply 10-18. Recently stopped doing IF for I fell ill for the past 1 week.

Trying to get back now. I feel IF is much easier now, my only worry is changing to eating a normal IF from what I eat during sickness (much more irregular and less) may lead to smaller deficiency and increase my weight.