Personal tragedy and My rowing story

Options
Fitnessfreak80
Fitnessfreak80 Posts: 17 Member
edited May 2018 in Motivation and Support
So after a family tragedy in January I decided this is my year to really make myself into the best self I can be. Every day is an emotional battle for my wife and I, but we fight and fight together and don't let anything stop us.
I am doing great with work, my studies are going fantastic (Yes I am 37 and still studying, it never ends hahaha) and my training has become something I never Imagined.
I have been training my whole adult life and have had fantastic times with it, but I wanted to be truly fit along with my weight lifting. So I decided to get back to rowing. And keep in mind I have, at any one time, about 3 to 5 injuries do to lack of flexibility, my job and being an idiot growing up hahaha.
In January, I was gassed after 500 meters on the rower. But I pushed through. In February I was gassed at 2000 meters. But I pushed through. In March, I was able to hit 10000 meters. And boy was I gassed. April was much as may. Just playing with steady state and Intervals. Challenging myself. Feeling it out.
Come to May, my injuries are a little better. I lost 7 pounds. My wife is helping me with my flexibility and I am trying to get my hamstrings, hips and splits to improve. And they are. I have started proper lifting again (for what I enjoy).
Day 1, 5 sets x 3 reps - Squats, Bench, Row.
Day 2, 5 sets x 3 reps - Squats, Shoulder press, Deadlift.
Some days I add core, bicep and tricep work.
I work out every 2nd day with this.
All workouts start with rowing now.

As of Thursday, I had shaved 23 seconds off my 10000 meter row and yesterday, Friday, I completed 5000 meters, full weights workout and finished with 5000 meter row and stretching.

So, it can be done. I wanted to do it. I have tracked my calories 6 days a week. I have slept better. I am making better choices. But most importantly, I am doing.

Thank you for reading, and remember, you can do it too.

Oh, and I love the 1 Million meter row app. I am at 306,888 meters this year.

Replies

• AtLeastOnceMore
    AtLeastOnceMore Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Making lemonade out of the most bitter of lemons shows your inner strength. All the best! x
  • Fitnessfreak80
    Fitnessfreak80 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you ☺. One day at a time. One row at a time. One rep at a time.