Protein powder suggestions

Options
Hi! Female user here looking for protein powder suggestions for muscle gain (but with low/no sugar). Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Replies

• choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I use Dymatize ISO100 .vqz9mgnpzooj.jpg
  • whist2
    whist2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use a homemade vegetarian protein powder. It has 1/3 cup of each of the following: Chia seeds, Flax seeds, Quinoa, Oats. This combination gives you 23 g of fiber & 25 g of protein, per 2 T. I ground it up in the blender the first time, b/c that's how I was shown, from a youtube video. Now, I just use the seeds whole, makes a tasty addition to my salads, etc. I'm allergic to dairy & don't handle soy very well. It's very easy to use.
  • KatyCSTinPNW
    KatyCSTinPNW Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I use Vega Sport Protein
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Myprotein. Has like 30 flavours. Super tasty!
  • kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    whist2 wrote: »
    I use a homemade vegetarian protein powder. It has 1/3 cup of each of the following: Chia seeds, Flax seeds, Quinoa, Oats. This combination gives you 23 g of fiber & 25 g of protein, per 2 T. I ground it up in the blender the first time, b/c that's how I was shown, from a youtube video. Now, I just use the seeds whole, makes a tasty addition to my salads, etc. I'm allergic to dairy & don't handle soy very well. It's very easy to use.

Interesting, do you have the video where you found this?
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Most whey protein powders are going to have pretty low sugar. Maybe a gram or two if it's flavored, but you can always solve that if you go with an unflavored version. Personally, I love muscle pharm and quest but am looking forward to trying PEScience once I run out since it's highly rated. Also, many people like Optimum Nutrition.

If you are focused on muscle building, the bigger question is what is your training program?
  • ECTexan
    ECTexan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Optimum Nutrition Platinum Hydro Whey
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    I use Vega Sport Protein

me too...use other Vega products too - vegan
  • peggym4640
    peggym4640 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I like Garden of Life Raw Protein Powder.
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Isopure Whey Isolate
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Most whey protein powders are going to have pretty low sugar. Maybe a gram or two if it's flavored, but you can always solve that if you go with an unflavored version. Personally, I love muscle pharm and quest but am looking forward to trying PEScience once I run out since it's highly rated. Also, many people like Optimum Nutrition.

If you are focused on muscle building, the bigger question is what is your training program?

this is what I was going to say! unless you are an elite level athlete (and maybe even if you are), you are unlikely to notice differences in performance, muscle building based on the brand of protein powder you are using.

much more important is your training program!
  • lingo10
    lingo10 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I like Isopure (comes in low carb or zero carb), ON Platinum Hydro Whey, and BSN Syntha 6 Isolate
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I like Yummy Sports, with all their candy bar flavoured proteins.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

AND nutrition outside of protein powder....there’s nothing special about protein powder building muscle, it’s just easier for some people to supplement with it. Protein powder is just food as well
  • nam985
    nam985 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I like the PE Science protein powders, the snickerdoodle and the cookies & cream are my favorites.
  • Pipsqueak1965
    Pipsqueak1965 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I like the MyProtein ones too - you can get sample boxes with 10 different flavours - 2 sachets of each. They are very reasonably priced, and are always offering discounts ...