Hi My name is Judy and I am a newbie!

Options
I am back on weight watchers, would like to lose 40 pounds but will be happy with 30! I am a 4 time Breast cancer survivor and want to lose weight to not only look good but for my health as well. So far I am doing good! Looking forward to some tips and ideas for different foods AND the encouragement! Thank you Judy:smokin:

Replies

• heyjude615
    Options
    I am back on weight watchers, would like to lose 40 pounds but will be happy with 30! I am a 4 time Breast cancer survivor and want to lose weight to not only look good but for my health as well. So far I am doing good! Looking forward to some tips and ideas for different foods AND the encouragement! Thank you Judy:smokin:
  • Kellyelly
    Options
    Welcome Judy, I'm a newbie trying to get healthier too. It sounds like you have been through a lot lately and I'm glad that you are doing well, good for you!
  • ggabald
    Options
    Hey, Judy! Wow! Welcome to the group. I am also a BC survivor and joined the group last November. I have found the food diary and calorie counter very helpful. You will also find there is a lot of support here from the MFP community. Good luck!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi Judy, and welcome to THE best site on the web!
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it!
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • cheli
    cheli Posts: 40
    Options
    Welcome Judy! I've only been on MFP for a week now but so far I really like it. I too and back on the wagon from Weight Watchers (but I'm not choosing to use the WW plan anymore). I lost a little over 10 lbs on WW, but since I fell off a few months ago, I've gained about 5 lbs back. That was enough to make me get back in the mood for losing weight.

I also have about the same amount of weight to lose (45 lbs). I've never been this heavy in my life!

My mom is a breast cancer survivor. It's been 3 years now I believe, since she had been diagnosed. Thank god it was one of the best forms to get (don't remember which type, but she didn't need chemo, just surgery (twice) and radiation, and now she's cancer free!). She lost A LOT of weight from the stress though, and she's still really bothered by it (can't trust her body) and hasn't put it back on. (If having breast cancer did something good for her, it was bringing her down to her healthy weight). That is amazing that you beat it 4 times! You would be a true inspiration for my mom (she regularly goes on the boards at breastcancer.org, don't know if you are a member of that community).

Again, welcome! I'm sure you'll like it here (the community here is MUCH better than the WW online community).
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Wow you are a miracle!:heart: We are so glad you joined and wish you all the luck on your journey!:flowerforyou: Let us know if you need us!:flowerforyou:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

My favorite post for answers:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again