Suggestions Please! What do you like with soup?

Options
hititskip
hititskip Posts: 42 Member
I work a crazy 6a-215p shift and have finally found a solution for lunch that I'm really excited for. Trader Joe's has a variety of soups that I can portion out and bring for lunch.

What should I bring for sides? Because of my shift I do prefer something easy or grab&go. All I can think of is crackers and pita bread.

Replies

• rj0150684
    rj0150684 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Yeah, bread and crackers would be good, regardless of the flavor of the soup because they don’t have much taste. Other stuff would probably depend on what kind of soup you’re bringing.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Bread, crackers, cheese, rice
    small sandwich or wrap
    Hard boiled egg
    If you want something sweet maybe yogurt or fruit.
  • vallary14
    vallary14 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Canned garbanzo beans have been a good lunch item for me. Just portion out a serving in a reusable container and you could add them to the soup. Kale chips are a good addition to soup and hemp seeds I’ve found seasoned ones recently that are nice to bulk a soup or salad. I work similar hours and sometimes I don’t leave enough time to prep something so keeping things like almonds, pistachios and dates at work save me. Yogurt is great to round out lunch too.
  • Leeah77MFP
    Leeah77MFP Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Grilled cheese
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    With soup I really like to have a plum, pear, seedless grapes, or 1-2 oz of sharp cheddar block cheese
  • hititskip
    hititskip Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    These are some great suggestions! Thanks guys!
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Depends on what kind of soup it is.

I find that soup is usually pretty low in protein, so I'll add extra grilled chicken/veggie burger/hardboiled egg. And then I bring a side of broccoli to dip into the soup.

You could also bring a small baked potato, sandwich, quesadilla. Or some roasted veg.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I like a cheese stick on the side, or maybe a half sandwich with good protein.