Healthy Cookbook

Options
Lesliecs
Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
I am a big collector of cookbooks... unfortunately not many of mine include a lot of "healthy" recipes. Even with the great stuff you can find on the internet, I would like to purchase a new cookbook to go with my new healthy lifestyle. I love just sitting and reading through the recipes with the book in my HAND.... and figuring out what I want to try!

My question to you, my MFP friends..... can anyone recommend a good, healthy type cookbook (that doesn't cost a fortune)? I'm sure I could find plenty of info on the internet, but I'd like recommendations from those who have actually used them.

Thanks!

Replies

• Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I love Ellie Krieger's books, and the Cook Yourself Thin books.
  • cpegasus01
    cpegasus01 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I have a Taste Of Home Comfort Food Diet Cookbook. It gives you all of the nutritional info about every recipe. I love it. Gives you recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner plus dessert! Even has a six week meal plan in the front. I think it was about $18. I know that is alot, but I bought at my kids book fair at school. I can send you some of the recipes if you would like.
  • LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    thank you for posting this topic, me too!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    joy of cooking, anything pre-1970, though i'm sure newer ones are pretty good, too.

madhur jaffey's world of east indian cooking (fantastic, really)

the vegetarian epicure

greens cookbook

but check at thrift stores. you can find some amazing stuff, oldschool, healthy and seasonal.
  • espruell
    espruell Posts: 12
    Options
    The Complete Whole Grains Cookbook by Judith Finlayson. The recipes are great, but the book also has a large front section that provides great information on each of the grains, how to store, cook, nutritional info, etc.

I also love The Biggest Loser Family Cookbook.
  • martielou
    martielou Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure about cookbooks with meat, but some great healthy vegetarian cookbooks:
    Lindsay Nixon's Happy Herbivore, Colleen Patrick G.'s Vegan Table, Robin Robertson- lots of good titles.
    Even if you're a meat eater (my fam eats meat) they give lots of good ideas for veggies! :)
  • jules563
    jules563 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    bump
  • missfittin_missy
    missfittin_missy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Hungry girl makes a bunch of them... I have her 300 under 300 and it has a LOT of good recipies, they are easy to tweak to your own taste also!
  • hemlock2010
    hemlock2010 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BeckyS32
    BeckyS32 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Thanks everybody for your suggestions! They're all good ones and I plan to check them out!