Memorial Day -> Labor Day 2018

Options
Hey Everyone!!

First off, Happy Memorial Day. If you know someone who paid the ultimate price for our freedom, thank you for your sacrifice, as well. If you served or are currently serving, I am forever in your debt.

My name is Steve and am tired of being fat. Heard that before, right? Well, I am also tired of not doing much about it and have found that if I put in the effort I use to come up with excuses into walking, I'd be down some considerable weight. This is a little of my background:

I have always, always eaten terrible. But, as a kid and into middle school and the first half of high school, I was active when I wasn't asleep. And I mean active. Bike riding, baseball, basketball, football, lacrosse, hockey, running, water polo, tennis, etc. It was awesome. Then in 2002, I fell 15 feet through a rotted deck and the fallout from that was a blood disease that made me prone to clotting, and my first clot came soon after. Doctor said no sports for risk of it travelling to my heart. I was crushed. Instead of being smart and still biking and running, I was depressed I was missing my junior and senior sports seasons and stopped altogether. But guess what didn't stop? My eating habits. I ballooned up in no time flat, and for 10 years, continued to eat terrible and not do a damn thing about it.

I then moved to SoCal and met some really great people that enjoyed hiking/basketball/surfing. My car gave out and soon had to walk everywhere, which ended up being a blessing because it got me focused, and within 6ish months, was down 60 pounds. Strangely enough, I met a girl that lived in Oklahoma by chance, on here, we hit it off, and the next thing know, I am moving to Oklahoma to be with her.

I have now been in Oklahoma for just over 4 years and am up 100 pounds. I am disgusted and highly disappointed in myself. But through failure and shame comes redemption and a motivation that has started burning deep inside. I want to be better.

Damn, this has gotten long. If you made it this far, then we are destined to be friends and kick some weight to the curb. My goal between these two holidays is to drop 50 pounds. But I want to join you and help you in your goals, not matter what they are. I have hit rock bottom. I recently heard a lyric in a rap song "I have found concrete at rock bottom and will use it to build a way out." Sounds awesome. Sound off below. Shoot me a message. Add me as a friend. We are going to get through our goals and crush 'em, and I want to get to know some amazing ladies and gents in the process.

SW: 428.4
GW: 380.0 (Labor Day Goal)

Replies

• Jme03
    Jme03 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I lost 65 pounds a couple years ago, but a combination of life with kids, thyroid problems, and not paying attention to what I eat has led me to gain about half of that back just over the last 6 months.

I really like the idea of having a Memorial Day to Labor Day goal, so here's mine:

CW: 213
    GW: 190 by Labor Day
  • AnnasMom89
    AnnasMom89 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I'm all for supporting one another. I have a long way to go and am in it for the Long haul. My goal is a pound a week but that's ok. I'll get there.

SW: 279
    GW: 269 by Labor Day
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Options
    Hey good luck with your goals. I really just want to lose 10 lb and soon!!! haha
    I have an issue with patience. Good luck!!! You'll totally get this!
  • kashcopyright
    kashcopyright Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    14 weeks, 14 lbs?
    CW 5/28/18: 138
    GW 9/3/18: 124
  • Emv79
    Emv79 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I was in the best shape of my life 4 Year’s ago and then I moved, met my husband, got married and we welcomed a beautiful baby boy last summer (gained 60lbs during pregnancy...my kid was only 10lbs of that!). All fantastic events....but I’ve put my health on the back burner and that’s not good. I understand that I can’t be as invested as I was before (I had a personal trainer and was weight training and/or doing cardio for 1+ hour 7days a week), but I need to find balance with my diet and the exercise I can find time for.
    Count me in!
    CW: 182.4lbs
    GW: 162.0lbs
  • FritoGirl4life
    FritoGirl4life Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Welcome to Oklahoma! Good luck on your weight loss journey!
  • js9023
    js9023 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to lose weight and improve my overall health for the most of a year now and have lost around 50 pounds. However, I could really stand to lose another 50.

SW 280
    CW 230
    GW 200 by Labor Day
  • andreamariexoxo
    andreamariexoxo Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Current weight:251
    Goal weight by Labor Day: 210
  • DonutBelly
    DonutBelly Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    CW: 57 kg
    GW: 50 kg
  • wright1276
    wright1276 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    This is just the motivation I need to get serious about losing weight and improving my health. Thanks everyone!

CW: 178.8
    GW: 150.5
  • CaydensMommy
    CaydensMommy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a challenge! I would also like to try 50lbs. by labor day. I'm finally getting active on MFP again after a (too long) break and quite a weight gain. Friend request sent. :) Let's do this!

CW: 279.6
    GW: 229.6
  • 08_GreenEyedMomma
    08_GreenEyedMomma Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

SW: 175.6
    CW: 165
    Labor Day Goal: 155
  • wannabesmaller2017
    wannabesmaller2017 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm in!

SW: 182
    Labor Day GW: 162
  • L2HS
    L2HS Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Taking this as a sign that I need to join this group since I again started my journey to fitness on Memorial Day. 4 years ago I managed to go from to go from 250 to 185 in 6 months. I ate right and exercised. I was so proud of myself. I was losing weight to get pregnant and then got pregnant before I hit my target weight. I promptly gained it all back during pregnancy. 4 years and 2 kids later I’ve been bouncing between 230 and 250. That seems to be the magic number for me to get my butt into gear. Exercise is hard to get in with 2 kids under 4 so I will be initially relying managing my food intake. I’m hoping to be realistic in my weight loss goals this go. Thanks for the support.

Memorial Day SW: 250
    Labor Day GW: 235
  • chel325
    chel325 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Emv79 wrote: »
    I was in the best shape of my life 4 Year’s ago and then I moved, met my husband, got married and we welcomed a beautiful baby boy last summer (gained 60lbs during pregnancy...my kid was only 10lbs of that!). All fantastic events....but I’ve put my health on the back burner and that’s not good. I understand that I can’t be as invested as I was before (I had a personal trainer and was weight training and/or doing cardio for 1+ hour 7days a week), but I need to find balance with my diet and the exercise I can find time for.
    Count me in!
    CW: 182.4lbs
    GW: 162.0lbs

omg we are so similar! I just had a baby and gained 54 lbs, from 135 to 180!

I have originally lost 2 years ago a total of 125 lbs, I'm back up to 180 with a new baby boy. I'm trying to understand my balance of gym time with a baby as a single mom. I know I can't go hard again 6 days a week 1-2 hour sessions so I have to really be strict with diet this time.

CW 180
    GW 160
    UGW 125
  • danaegenson
    danaegenson Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am in. I have three kids and a husband that travels a lot. Over the past six months I have gained 10 pounds mostly feeling sorry for myself. I think its karma i found this group this week. Memorial Day to Labor Day I am in

CW =132
    GW =122
  • ladyrider08ac
    ladyrider08ac Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    cw273
    gw150
    i had started out at 263 been working out eating right lost 10 lbs over 8 weeks. the past two weeks i havent gotten out of bed much i dont know what happen to me i gained 16 lbs back. i have to find motivation again.
  • wright1276
    wright1276 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    How’s everyone doing with your goal? I’m not where I had hoped to be by this date. I sure could use some motivation to get going in the right direction!
  • L2HS
    L2HS Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'm trucking along nicely. I have an advantage though because I have a lot to lose and just restarted my journey so the weight is coming off quickly. Waiting for it to steady out and gonna work hard to make it stick.