Looking for friends to share journey with!

Options
So, I'm new to this app but I'm learning. I started a medical supervised diet around a week ago and so far it's good but it's only the beginning and I have a long way to go.
A little back story I had a work accident three years ago and when that happened I started gaining weight. Fast forward three years and I've had spinal fusion surgery but I still suffer from pain. The hope is that if I can lose weight then there will be less pressure on my spine and less pain.
So my starting weight before spinal surgery was 300lbs. I am now weighing in at 280. But I'm sticking with it and ready to make the changes necessary to become and stay healthy again!

Replies

• amzelda0418
    amzelda0418 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome! I’ve struggled for years with my weight and now that I have my wedding coming in September I decided that’s it! I’m focusing on Whole foods and a friend introduced me to all natural supplements that are doing wonders for my appetite and my energy!! So far 8 pounds in 8 days so I’m looking forward to seeing that scale move down, down, down :). Feel free to friend me. We’ve got this!!
  • elizabethymartin
    elizabethymartin Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Im fairly flawed at this so i appreciate new friends :)
  • Mommyofthree0731
    Mommyofthree0731 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom wit a 7 year old 4 year old and 8 weeks old . I am a double
    C section mom with a horrible emotional eating habit. Been using MFP since 2016. I always fall
    Off so this time with trying to reach my pre pregnancy weight plus 10 more ( GW 155) and stay on track !!! Feel free to add me... i need new active friends for motivation.
  • Mother_Of_Chickens
    Mother_Of_Chickens Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi - Welcome to to MFP! I've been overweight more than half my life and decided to make a change 3 months ago. I'm 44 and struggle with all the woes that age and obesity bring. Feel free to add me! I made myself leave my comfort zone to share my progress with others, and it's helped me incredibly. Wish you the best!!
  • olalaura
    olalaura Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add me please. I can use some motivation.
  • chrissietiny
    chrissietiny Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.

I'm Chrissie. I am a fulltime working mama to seven. I need to lose 100 pounds and always looking for postive active friends.
  • hititskip
    hititskip Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm around the same weight and also suffer from a back injury that had to be repaired with surgery. Definitely here for support and motivation!
  • carasnewlife
    carasnewlife Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me! I have been on this journey for 10 months. SW 270 lbs. CW 187.
  • Sesquy
    Sesquy Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Also looking for new friends and motivators so please feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • gracesonb
    gracesonb Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Add me :) I can be pretty motivating.
    Pic last week
    lzecx9qeq908.jpeg
  • Vicky3725
    Vicky3725 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I weigh about 250 am a stay at home mum. I put on loads of weight when I hurt my back, still have issues with it which stop me exercising as much as I'd want. I'm a emotional eater aswell.
  • Cath_Taylor
    Cath_Taylor Posts: 104 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I am 226 today (was 240) so I have lost a stone in UK terms. There are another 6 to go to reach my ideal weight. I want to be on the lower end of normal BMI for me - to give me wiggle room to fluctuate up and down without breaking the bank. Plus I was recently diagnosed with what is termed 'essential hypertension' and have started medication... so I have to make changes to protect my health (and get off meds and prevent a diagnosis of T2Diabetes). I have reached that point in life where one realises we're not invincible anymore... :smile:

My story is relatively uneventful. I'm a community nurse practitioner, spend most of my day in and out of the car. The most walking I do at work is from the vehicle to the patient's door. When I worked on wards, I could clock up 5 miles a day easily. Now, not so much. Add in busy work and home life and the story tells itself. My motivation is up there - I'm on leave at the moment - so it's not an issue - when I return to work, tend to be time poor, so it'll be a challenge. :smile:

Happy to be added too.
  • littlebear0121
    littlebear0121 Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • seat151
    seat151 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you all and feel free to add me
  • xox_shree_xox
    xox_shree_xox Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Please all add me also, I’d love some friends to motivate and to help motivate me <3
  • Chewbac7777
    Chewbac7777 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want or anyone
  • sniper300_Rum
    sniper300_Rum Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    6’2”
    260lbs redneck single feel free to add me
  • beccapax
    beccapax Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well!!!
  • E_kohoutek
    E_kohoutek Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Please add me! I need motivation too. Starting at 209, GW is a toned 175.
  • lolly2414
    lolly2414 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm also hoping to lose weight to reduce back (and foot) pain. Feel free to add me and good luck on your weight loss journey!