Getting into Mommy-shape

Options
After recently giving birth to my second child, I am interested in getting into shape again. I'm not looking to grace the cover of a fashion mag any time soon, but I would like to look a little less frumpy in my soccer-mom jeans. If anyone could give me some good tips on nursing-friendly weight loss and exercises I can do with a toddler shadowing me, I would appreciate it.

Replies

• ellekay22
    ellekay22 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'm with you on this one - my major issues right now: nursing, lack of GOOD sleep (like more than 2-4 hours at a time), a preschooler who's best friend is mommy, and a fun little issue called "post-partum anxiety disorder"
    I've hooked up an old TV by my exercise area with an old VCR and found some Thomas the Tank Engine videos. I have the play pen by the area too , so, my big plan is to put Charlie down for his nap, Throw Thomas on for Jame, and do what I can.
    As far as nursing-friendly weight loss, I'm trying to track my calcium consumption - since I don't drink milk (lactose issues).

Hope that helps.
  • JS295
    JS295 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    When my son was born and I was nursing I did Weight Watchers and had success. You get a ton of points so it doesn't even feel like you're dieting. (When I quit nursing I didn't pay attention to my calorie intake, so I had some slip ups.) He's 2 now and I've quit the WW a while ago, but still need to lose more baby weight. Feel free to add me - I'm trying to get it done with a toddler running around too! Good luck!