Chia Pudding?

Caralyn
Caralyn Posts: 124 Member
I am new (again) to MFP and I need a recipe for chia pudding with the lowest possible calorie count. Anyone?

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Eat less Chia pudding.

Or use a low calorie liquid (water perhaps) and don't add calorie dense extras
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    There are a multitude of different flavors you can create (Google chia pudding recipes).
    1 tablespoon of chia seeds have about 60 calories, so anything you add will add calories (except water).
    You can make a batch and divide it into however many portions you want to control the calorie count. There is a orange creamscicle one that have a lot and really like.
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    I always add vanilla extract and maybe some maple syrup to sweeten mine on a budget
  • duskyjewel
    duskyjewel Posts: 286 Member
    It won't be low calorie, but I mix chia seeds into flavored kefir, usually strawberry or blueberry, and let it sit overnight. I get probiotics and calcium along with my chia that way, it tastes good and it's simple. If you use the artificially sweetened kefir it will be lower in calories but I can't stand most things with artificial sweetener.
  • FibroHiker
    FibroHiker Posts: 347 Member
    I just made chia pudding , 1/2 cup almond milk , 2 TBSP chia seeds , 1 TBSP cocoa unsweetened , 1 TBSP no calorie sweeter , put it in fridge for 4 hours ,omg so good

This makes 1 serving

This sounds fantastic. I will definitely try.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    In case anyone is still seeking chia pudding recipes, this is one has great flavor AND amazing texture if you use a powerful blender or food processor. It comes in just under 200 calories (recipe makes 2 servings)

https://www.eatingbirdfood.com/chocolate-chia-pudding/

We have tried about 10 different chia pudding recipes, most of them pretty good, but my husband says this is unbelievable and I agree it's VERY good!
  • msameakia
    msameakia Posts: 1 Member
    I’m new to this. So does this chia pudding help with weight loss? I have a bag of chia seeds and wonder is it ok to add it in my yogurt?
  • lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    msameakia wrote: »
    I’m new to this. So does this chia pudding help with weight loss? I have a bag of chia seeds and wonder is it ok to add it in my yogurt?

Any food can help with weight loss if it helps you adhere to your calorie goal.

Chia seeds have some fiber and protein and being able to make a pudding with them is nice. But I could imagine that some might find the texture off-putting.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Hi y'all.

I sometimes add chia seeds to scrambled eggs at 5 g per whole egg.
    I don't even notice them.
  • missysippy930
    missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Almond milk only has 35 calories a cup, but no nutrition.

Almond milk does have some nutrition value, not none.