Can we be motivation buddy’s?
CW 212
GW 150

Trying the Slim Fast Diet

Replies

• Lynnara
    Lynnara Posts: 152 Member
    edited May 2018
    Welcome to MFP! Lots of good info on these forums. May we ask why you chose SlimFast?
  • 25eubank
    25eubank Posts: 2 Member
    I need something “easy to hand” to help me get used to smaller portions. With slim fast I only have to think about the one healthy meal
  • jlynn1991
    jlynn1991 Posts: 50 Member
    25eubank wrote: »
    I need something “easy to hand” to help me get used to smaller portions. With slim fast I only have to think about the one healthy meal

The only thinking about 1 healthy meal is why I’m doing slimfast. I lost a good chunk of weight just by proper eating and working out but got busy and tired of planning out meals so I turned to slimfast to help reach my goals.
  • ieuanm9777
    ieuanm9777 Posts: 3 Member
    I’m also doing this diet, although using a Superdrug shake instead, I only get slim fast on an offer.
  • FH2018
    FH2018 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi OP!
    I've been on Slim Fast for almost three weeks now! Although I have fluctuated between 1 and 2 shakes a day, I'm currently drinking 2 shakes a day plus another meal. I've lost almost 5kg so far.
    How's it going for you?
  • AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Wow FH thats great that your losing weight on Slim Fast! I have never tried that diet before but would try it once in a while 4 a meal replacement when i am on the run! Whats your favorite flavor? I am a big chocolate or coffee flavor fan! does it give you enough protein in the shake 2 keep you full between meals or do u need 2 snack ? I am interested in finding out! Thanks 4 everyones input on this subject.
  • FH2018
    FH2018 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi April! I love the cookies and cream flavour! In the first week, I literally tried all the flavours and tried the bars (which were awful).

Snacking really depends on what I eat for my main meal - I'll have the slim fast for breakfast and dinner along with coffee/red bull between my breakfast and lunch.

If I eat something which is just protein-based like chicken/fish, I might eat some fruit or a protein bar in between meals or have juice/something sweet with lunch. If I'm eating something more balanced with significant carbs like rice/pasta then I might not snack at all. If I do then usual snacks would be cheese, berries or jelly, or if it is warm then an ice lolly/sorbet.
  • AprilMLowe
    AprilMLowe Posts: 447 Member
    Thanks FH 4 the great advice! I might have 2 try cookies and creme flavor 4 a meal on the go choice. Nice healthy snack choices! Once in a while I will have a special k shake 4 lunch.