How to be full on 1200 calories?

Options
I would like to loose 2lbs a week instead of 1.5 but I cant because Ive been getting too hungry. Anyone have any tips on staying full?

Replies

• Davidsdottir
    Davidsdottir Posts: 1,285 Member
    Options
    Looking at your photo, I doubt you have much to lose in the first place. OP, how tall are you, current weight, and goal weight?
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Neither 2 lbs/week nor 1200 cals is an appropriate goal for every individual. The closer to goal weight you are, the slower the rate of loss should be. How much weight are you trying to lose? Are you eating back exercise calories?
  • Dee_D33
    Dee_D33 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I tried 1200 calories and couldn’t do it. The weight loss was also too quick for my liking too. I bumped it up to 1400 and generally eat anywhere from 1350-1500. I’m satisfied and losing as I am still eating at at least a 300 calorie a day deficit. I also made a few switches that allowed me to eat more but take in fewer calories. A few examples are switching out peanut butter for PB2+water, switching sour cream with Greek yogurt, buying light and fat free foods, and eating low cal veggies and fruits. Strawberries with stevia and watermelon are my go to snacks.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I could never have done 1200 calories.
  • RadishEater
    RadishEater Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Dee_D33 wrote: »
    I tried 1200 calories and couldn’t do it. The weight loss was also too quick for my liking too. I bumped it up to 1400 and generally eat anywhere from 1350-1500. I’m satisfied and losing as I am still eating at at least a 300 calorie a day deficit. I also made a few switches that allowed me to eat more but take in fewer calories. A few examples are switching out peanut butter for PB2+water, switching sour cream with Greek yogurt, buying light and fat free foods, and eating low cal veggies and fruits. Strawberries with stevia and watermelon are my go to snacks.

First of all, you can still get to your goal at even a 0.5 lb per week! A slower weight loss will give you more time to build healthy habits!

Greek yogurt is a lifesaver for me! I thought I didn't like it but it turns out I really don't like wegmans fat free greek yogurt, but Fage is amazing!

Celery is also great, sometimes I will splurge and buy the precut prepackaged 15 calorie stacks because I am more likely to grab a healthy snack when the effort on my part is less.

Also GUM, if you are someone who likes to snack! Or even at the end of the night and I'm just a smidge hungry but don't want to eat anymore more a piece of gum will keep me from wandering around the kitchen looking for a snack.

Never gave up PB, props to those who could and switched to pb2. Peanut butter is one of those things that falls into the food category "you will have to pry it from my cold dead hands".
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    20 pounds to lose, you shouldn't be shooting for anything more than 1 pound per week, 0.5 lbs per week is more realistic. How many calories does that give you?

75+ pounds = 2 lbs per week
    50-75 lbs - 1.5 lbs per week
    25-50 lbs - 1 lb per week
    under 25 lbs - 0.5 lbs per week

This^^ 2lbs per week is waaaay to aggressive.

So sorry about the still birth. My heart goes out to you.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    I would like to loose 2lbs a week instead of 1.5 but I cant because Ive been getting too hungry. Anyone have any tips on staying full?

What we want, and what we can reasonably achieve may be two very different things. Especially while you're grieving, it may be easier -- I know not necessarily cognitively, but on your body, at least -- to lose only .5 pounds a week, since you have so little to lose, and your body is still recovering from the trauma.
  • xxzenabxx
    xxzenabxx Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your loss. Please be kind to yourself and lose at 0.5lbs per week. I’m sure you already have a lot of grieving to do so make it easier. Aggressive deficits should only be done for last minute situations.
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies. I’m 5”6 and currently 147lbs post baby body; I recently had a stillbirth and I suppose diet and excericise has been something to keep my mind occupied. I’d like to be 126lbs. I have been eating back my excercise calories

First of all, I am so sorry for your loss.

I am 32/F, 5' 5", starting weight was 140 lbs, currently 127 lbs

My calorie goal was/is 1350, but that is sedentary (desk job), losing .5 lbs/week

• Mslmesq
    Mslmesq Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I’m so sorry for your loss.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I couldn't do it, and wouldn't try.
  • youngcaseyr
    youngcaseyr Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Your hormones might still be working against you with regards to weight loss. The whole, "it took x amount of months to gain the weight, so it will probably take at least that long to lose it" is true for more women than not. If you were eating more while you were pregnant it may take a while for you to get used to eating smaller "pre-pregnancy" amounts or portions without still feeling hungry, but focus on lower calorie, nutrient dense foods like fruits and vegetables, and try eating only half of your exercise calories. Look into volumetric foods. Remember to take care of yourself during this time. So sorry for your loss ❤️
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,910 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss.

With only 20 pounds to lose, 0.5 pounds per week is a much more appropriate weekly weight loss goal.