WHO motivates you??

Options

Replies

• CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    Honestly from here there are so many motivators, people who have literally told me motivational things and people who I look up to as role models, men and women who have shown strength physically but also as parents and as husbands and wives and as people in general. But my biggest motivators are these tiny humans who I’d do anything for.

@UrBaconMeCr8zy @kinetixtrainer2 (someone tag ash) @_Deadman_Walking_ @Clever_User_Name @lstrat115 @DeadliftsAndSprinkles @SabotageinStilettos @caco_ethes @slimgirljo15 @mij140 @Merrysailor5 @Avocado_AS5 @denny_mac @invisiblewoman5 @kace_kay @Maid_of_Mischief1 @MeeseeksAndDestroy @_Captivated_ @RunHardBeStrong @CatsIvuE

Among others

Aww I adore you!
    Also are you looking for @_Just_Ash_ ?
    Yes!
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,207 Member
    Options
    Honestly from here there are so many motivators, people who have literally told me motivational things and people who I look up to as role models, men and women who have shown strength physically but also as parents and as husbands and wives and as people in general. But my biggest motivators are these tiny humans who I’d do anything for.

@UrBaconMeCr8zy @kinetixtrainer2 (someone tag ash) @_Deadman_Walking_ @Clever_User_Name @lstrat115 @DeadliftsAndSprinkles @SabotageinStilettos @caco_ethes @slimgirljo15 @mij140 @Merrysailor5 @Avocado_AS5 @denny_mac @invisiblewoman5 @kace_kay @Maid_of_Mischief1 @MeeseeksAndDestroy @_Captivated_ @RunHardBeStrong @CatsIvuE

Among others

You’re an awesome person Noah!
  • edmudman
    edmudman Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    David Goggins. When the alarm goes off at 4am and I don't want to run, I remind myself Goggins will have already been up for an hour.

en8b125a19s6.jpg
  • Tommygirl_Swag
    Tommygirl_Swag Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My friends motivate me, but most of all, the ones who say I can’t, are the ones who make me say “I can”
  • R3d_butt3rfly
    R3d_butt3rfly Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    My teen daughter. She and I go running at 5:30 in the mornings and she pushes me every step of the way. She really has what it takes to make a great future PT
  • kinetixtrainer2
    kinetixtrainer2 Posts: 9,207 Member
    Options
    My teen daughter. She and I go running at 5:30 in the mornings and she pushes me every step of the way. She really has what it takes to make a great future PT

I like this
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    bojack3 wrote: »
    Being a role model and mentor to the kids I train. Some days it's harder than others, but every hurdle they overcome, or success they have, pumps me up to keep pushing.

You're adorable :)

That's a first.....gracias
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options

Among others

Omigosh you're the sweetest! Love you Boo!
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the novel. It just hits close.
  • CaptainFantastic01
    CaptainFantastic01 Posts: 9,557 Member
    Options
    I think that I generally motivate myself but I am also motivated by my wanting to start a family and to be the best me for my future children and my husband.

And Bucky....

Oh god, until the end of the line
    Sobs
    My 2 daughters, ages 10 and 14. I didn't grow up with any positive examples of what it's like to be healthy and active. I grew up hearing constant criticism of my own body as well as pretty much any other woman whether they were celebrities on tv or people in my own life. Every flaw was criticized. I cannot tell you how deep that damage is and how long I've held onto it. Telling an 11 year old girl that her ankles are "too thick" and that she is going to have flabby bat wing arms is unacceptable.

I've made a very conscious effort to not criticize myself out loud in front of my daughters or ever mention their bodies. I am trying to show them by example that a healthy lifestyle is more important than the size of their jeans. There's been days when I was tired and didn't want to go for a run, and my daughters will literally bring me my shoes and say "Let's go to the track mom. Even if we just do 1 mile". My hope for them is that they see that beauty isn't simply physical, and that their worth isn't defined by how big their thighs are or how pretty their faces are.

Everything about this makes me love you and is how I am trying to raise my kiddos as well
  • Mama_runs_slow
    Mama_runs_slow Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    My 2 daughters, ages 10 and 14. I didn't grow up with any positive examples of what it's like to be healthy and active. I grew up hearing constant criticism of my own body as well as pretty much any other woman whether they were celebrities on tv or people in my own life. Every flaw was criticized. I cannot tell you how deep that damage is and how long I've held onto it. Telling an 11 year old girl that her ankles are "too thick" and that she is going to have flabby bat wing arms is unacceptable.

I've made a very conscious effort to not criticize myself out loud in front of my daughters or ever mention their bodies. I am trying to show them by example that a healthy lifestyle is more important than the size of their jeans. There's been days when I was tired and didn't want to go for a run, and my daughters will literally bring me my shoes and say "Let's go to the track mom. Even if we just do 1 mile". My hope for them is that they see that beauty isn't simply physical, and that their worth isn't defined by how big their thighs are or how pretty their faces are.

Love this
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options

Among others

I'm a better person for knowing you <3