I get tired so quick! Anyone else in a similar position?

Options
Ive been trying different workouts and I get tired in literally 10 minutes. I tried the Turbofire stuff, and its absolutely crazy. The fact that i am unable to do it till the very end of the video is pushing my morale low and making me sad. HoW can i help myself? Anyone else in similar position?

Replies

• editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    One thing that will give you energy is to play some good music while exercising and you'll see the difference :-)

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Well, one place to start is with something not as intense maybe. Of course we all want to do what will promise big, fast results. However, instead of being discouraged, why not try starting small? If you have cable with on demand capabilities, or Netflix, you can can try a whole lot of different workout videos that are all different levels. There are few Biggest Loser workouts that aren't as intense as the individual workouts that Bob Harper and Jillian Michaels have put out. There are also a whole bunch of workouts called 10 Minute Solutions that are great for just getting started. Start of doing 10 minutes, when that feels good, do a second 10 minute workout and so on. Work yourself up to Turbo Fire. You can do this! Please add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • vkvivek
    vkvivek Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi,
    You can take supplements to help you build strength. Also, add more protein to your food.
    Slowly increase the workouts.

You will be fine

Cheers,
    Vivek
  • shelli1982
    shelli1982 Posts: 133
    Options
    sometimes taking a b-complex supplement is a natural and HEALTHY way to get energy... take it every day and see if that helps?
  • rrrbecca11
    rrrbecca11 Posts: 477
    Options
    Are you eating properly? You need a healthy mix of macronutrients (carbs, protein, fat) to fuel your body, i.e. your workouts and other activities.
  • ckclontz
    ckclontz Posts: 68
    Options
    Ive been trying different workouts and I get tired in literally 10 minutes.

I was in the same position, and it turns out that my hemoglobin is low, which is the protein in red blood cells that carries oxygen to your body. While it's only a little low, it caused me to get exhausted quickly, as well, and you could be in a similar spot. Have you had bloodwork done recently? Lighten up on the intensity of aerobics for the moment and see your doctor to check whether you may have any kind of anemia going on (low iron, low hemoglobin, etc.). Once you know for certain, then you can run with any suggestion you see here!

Good luck and good health!
  • Kate_UK
    Kate_UK Posts: 1,300 Member
    Options
    Sometimes just getting through that 10 minute mark is the important bit. On days when I have to drag myself off to exercise those first 10 mins are torture, but once I break through the 11 min mark I feel so much better, I think it takes that long for the body to warm up properly and start getting those feel good chemicals pumping. Try something less intense to start with so that you can do more than 10 mins.. Have you tried any of Leslie Sansone's walk away the lbs dvds? While they arn't as intense as some work outs they still burn lots of calories. I have her 3 mile walk away the lbs for abs and her 5 mile fat burning walk and both are fab, I alternate them with Jillian michales.
  • healthyrmn
    Options
    firstly don't start with something as intense as turbo fire, if you like you can try turbo jam, it is much easier and the workouts are shorter. Also don't eat anything too heavy right before exercising. hope this helps
  • sunyg
    sunyg Posts: 229
    Options
    When I first started working out I did really easy DVD's and then worked my way up to harder ones. There is no way I could do what I do now 7 months ago. Just give yourself some time and work your way up. Or do the 10 minutes of what you have this week and then next week make yourself do 15.
  • sedativestorm
    sedativestorm Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I would start small, and gradually increase the intensity of my exercises. Make sure you are eating enough nutrients to give you the energy you need to work out. More carbs if you're doing high intensity cardio, and more protein if you're doing high intensity strength training. Or a mix inbetween if you're doing both.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I was the same way when I started P90X. I just did the same video over and over and tried to push a little farther in it each time.
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    At the beginning I think a large part of the reason why we exercise is to build up stamina to be able to burn loads of calories in the future. But at the beginning, we can only sustain low burns.

For example, when I started running, I got exhausted after a 100 kcal burn. I was at first discouraged, because - well, that's not going to get me very far - but I realised that it's like putting money in the bank. Now I have the return on the investment and burn 1000 kcals on my long runs...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,555 Member
    Options
    Ive been trying different workouts and I get tired in literally 10 minutes. I tried the Turbofire stuff, and its absolutely crazy. The fact that i am unable to do it till the very end of the video is pushing my morale low and making me sad. HoW can i help myself? Anyone else in similar position?
    Tough love straight up....................you're out of shape. The excess weight you carry is sapping the energy. So keep doing it because your body will adapt. And you have to be CONSISTENT about it or change won't happen. Shoot for 12 minutes completion. Then 15 minutes the next week, then 20 the next week....................baby steps.
  • larose12
    Options
    I had the same problem, part of it was paying attention to when I worked out, for me it's easier to work out in the early evening. That way I can make sure that I eat properly during the day and eat foods that give me energy. I also make sure that I get enough sleep, the night before, and it helps working out with someone else. Last night my husband and I started the 30 day shred, I found it exhausting and I kept wanting to give up, but he kept talking to me and helped me finish it (I do the same for him when we do yoga!). I also agree with the earlier person, Netflix is great, we started out with the streaming workout, there's a vinyasa yoga that kicked our *kitten* (literally!), its the trainer's edge one. We also really liked the 10 minute solutions kickbox bootcamp, we worked our way up slowly. It's hard, and you shouldn't push yourself too much because you can get hurt, but don't give up either, anything worth attaining is worth fighting for. GOOD LUCK!
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options

Maybe try with some lower intensity work to your body more use to exercise and then graduate to something more intense. Or... do 10 minutes and just try to build from there. Don't worry, everybody has to start somewhere. :)