Hi There

AnneElise
AnneElise Posts: 4,206 Member
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hi, My name is Anne. I am 21 years old and fitness is very important to me. I love to exercise and I exercise every day. My problem is i do not eat well, I love to snack and I eat the wrong foods. I just got married to a man with metabolism to spare so it is hard to control my snacking with him.I don't think about what I am eating. I want to loose 15 pounds because i feel better at a lower weight and i have so much more energy! I have tried to loose on my own but its hard when its such a low amount of weight to loose. I would love snacking advice and if anyone needs exercise advice, tips or ideas please ask!

150599.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com -

Replies

• AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,206 Member
    Hi, My name is Anne. I am 21 years old and fitness is very important to me. I love to exercise and I exercise every day. My problem is i do not eat well, I love to snack and I eat the wrong foods. I just got married to a man with metabolism to spare so it is hard to control my snacking with him.I don't think about what I am eating. I want to loose 15 pounds because i feel better at a lower weight and i have so much more energy! I have tried to loose on my own but its hard when its such a low amount of weight to loose. I would love snacking advice and if anyone needs exercise advice, tips or ideas please ask!

150599.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com -
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Hi Anne, welcome! :flowerforyou:

Fellow snacker here too! :bigsmile:
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Welcome Anne!

I as well am married to a man who has the metabolism of a teenage boy! Hehe. Just make sure you have plenty of healthy snacks around the house. I have baked chips or apple chips when he has chip, chips. I have fat free yogurt when he has full fat, Special K when he has Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Skim Milk when he has Whole Milk. Digestive Cookies when he has Oreo's. It took some getting used to but has been working for me so far!

Good-Luck!
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Don't fight it make snacking a part of your plan. I eat 5 meals and 1 snack dividing my calories over the day. If your new hubby is snacking too that is probably why his metabolism is so high. Eating about every three hours helps keep your body from preservation mode and keeps that metabolism rev'ing!:drinker: Good luck to you and glad you joined!:flowerforyou:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

My favorite post for answers:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • Merv268
    Merv268 Posts: 14 Member
    HI and welcome. I was in your same shoes when I got married 25 years ago. I kept up to my husband eating and snacking then the lack of movement set in and I didn't recognize it like you. Good for you that you are catching it at 15 pounds and not at 40 like me! So, snacking I take un-salted nuts & raisins with me in my purse and if I have to buy something I buy a small yogurt or piece of cheese. I also love those triscuit (thins) you can have 10 of those for 90 cal and Kozy Shak no sugar tapioca pudding 90 cal and it feels like your cheating.
    Congrat's on noticing your eating more now and trying to change it; you'll loose it before you know it!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this website, if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so motivational, supportive and helpful, and everyone here is so nice. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.
This discussion has been closed.