1st day today. Any one have any inspiring stories.

Options
I need to lose 30-40 lbs. can’t believe I let this happen. Need motivation an online buddy to keep each other on track. Anyone out there.

Replies

• shnell25
    shnell25 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    You can do it!
  • JAHV01
    JAHV01 Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    No worries, I’ve decided 05/28/18 to be my first day. I haven’t enjoyed my lifestyle lately and my current diet has been fastfood for every meal. I’m currrently 5’4 161lbs. My goal is to be at 150 lbs by the end of August. I think my biggest concern is diet. How about yours?
  • carlenebyrd
    carlenebyrd Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I lost over 40 pounds just by logging everyday being aware of what i eat, and swapped soda for water. I was never big on exercise but i fell in love with walking, and dacing. I dont do a whole lot of dancing anymore but it did burn some major calories. I still walk because that is the easiest exercise out there all you need is your 2 feet. If I can do it so can you!
  • jubo10
    jubo10 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey it’s my first day I’d like to lose 20-30 lb. i really need yo so this. I’m happy to buddy up
  • dinazidan87
    dinazidan87 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I lost over 40 pounds just by logging everyday being aware of what i eat, and swapped soda for water. I was never big on exercise but i fell in love with walking, and dacing. I dont do a whole lot of dancing anymore but it did burn some major calories. I still walk because that is the easiest exercise out there all you need is your 2 feet. If I can do it so can you!

I am like you, i started with walking, and so fell in love with that routine, walking 5 miles a day! Lol until my knee and feet got injured and now cant walk for almost 2 weeks
    How i miss that!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    Just today, i looked in the mirror and couldn't believe that for the first time in years I can look at myself and say that i am not fat. I have thrown out or donated all my old clothes. i bought new stylish clothes that make me look neat and polished. ...not clothes that work to help me hide fat and make me blend in. It is such an amazing feeling i never want to go back.

It was the last week of December that i hit a wall about my weight. I was filled with apprehension and doubt as I started my healthy eating plan. I wondered if it could even really happen. i felt stuck...was i stuck and was it too late to turn back into my old thin self i left behind 8 years ago?

So six months later? Here i am. what felt impossible when I first started, was indeed very achievable.

It was hard, I set goals and new priorities, formed new habits. I got bored at times and pushed through (no happy hours, grabbing appetizers at some fun place on the way home from work). I lost most of the weight before I started exercising. Now i exercise knowing to maintain that will be key along with eating right.

i'll add that for me, I won the war in the kitchen. Not only by switching to whole foods..but by learning how to cook and put together tasty healthy lean meals. you need support and encouragement along the way...that's why you come here every day. 'if you fall off your plan, the key to success is to get right back on and don't look back. best of luck to you
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Others may help, but you can only depend on yourself and are ultimately accountable. Between your name and message it looks like you may be looking for someone else to blame or do it for you.
  • sexybug6
    sexybug6 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hi log everything , drink loads of water and trg to exercise if yoh can it all helps.
    You can do this
  • Mini_Medic
    Mini_Medic Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Set backs happen, no one is immune or perfect. But, do not throw in the towel just because you ate a meal 3 times the size you should’ve had or you go crazy on a tub of ice cream, (insert your guilty pleasure here). Get right back on track as soon as that meal is over! Never the next day, right after that one bad meal.
    When you feel like giving up, remember that the time will pass whether you do it or not. So it’s June now, July will still come next month and so will Halloween in five and Christmas in seven. Do you want to be the same size or at your goal?
    It’s a decision you can make everyday! Do it. No excuses and don’t shoot for huge lifestyle overhaul changes right away, small changes in food become more small changes in behavior around food. Small increases in exercise. It’ll all come together.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!