What keeps YOU consistent? Or what stops your consistency??

Options
gracesonb
gracesonb Posts: 10 Member
What keeps me consistent is seeing my results. Also, when I get lazy even for a couple days, I’m not where I want to be. Slacking off for a couple days made me realize... I’ll always be fit :)

Replies

• gracesonb
    gracesonb Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    syqovzhyp898.jpeg
    14rfle2f0vav.jpeg
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Consistency is something of a habit for me now. When I first decided to up my fitness and commit to a daily workout back in 2013 I knew it would take time to form a lasting habit. I started with the 30 day shred and saw good results after doing that every single day at that time. That was enough motivation to encourage me to continue, it then became a habit. I tried a lot of different workouts but ended up preferring walking/running/cycling/lifting weights.
    I still work out first think in the morning without fail Mon-Fri every single week apart from when I'm on holiday/vacation. It would see strange not to now :smiley:
  • Thediamond13
    Thediamond13 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Thinking about where I used to be wishing I was where I am now.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    its the physical habit. I have been exercising for over thirty years and I would go bananas if I stopped.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    I like seeing the results and pushing myself to get better every day. Also Just taking one day at a time helps me not feel overwhelmed with what I want to accomplish.
  • c50blvdbabe
    c50blvdbabe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    What keeps me consistent is having a plan. I have to know what steps I'm going to take as far as nourishment based on my work activities for the day.
  • TWRUNNER32
    TWRUNNER32 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    What keeps me consistent is stress management. As long as I'm not stressed, I have the mental energy capacity for diet and exercise. As soon as I get stressed, something takes over my brain and I switch to "I don't give a *kitten*" mode. I'm not exactly an emotional eater, but stress causes me to not care enough to bother with food control because my mental energy is directed at something else. It's worse than losing control, in a sesnse, because you want to regain control but it's hard to get yourself to care when you just don't. It's like "meh, I don't mind being fat. This project is more important to me right now".

This is me in a nutshell. I feel like I'm doing really well, and I can sort of shift my concentration to something else for a bit, like my budget, or taking a class, or working an extra shift, and then all of a sudden, I'm back in the drive-thru.

Also, I'd say that if I get too busy/lazy/forgetful, and don't keep on top of keeping my house semi-livable, my entire attitude and focus are out the window for an indeterminate amount of time.
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    Desire to be the person I am and not the person I was. Despite all the "you're the same person inside" talk, it changed me to get fit. I am more confident and outgoing. An active lifestyle is more fulfilling. I like this so much better than how I felt before.
  • AnneUT
    AnneUT Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    What keeps me consistent is stress management. As long as I'm not stressed, I have the mental energy capacity for diet and exercise. As soon as I get stressed, something takes over my brain and I switch to "I don't give a *kitten*" mode. I'm not exactly an emotional eater, but stress causes me to not care enough to bother with food control because my mental energy is directed at something else. It's worse than losing control, in a sesnse, because you want to regain control but it's hard to get yourself to care when you just don't. It's like "meh, I don't mind being fat. This project is more important to me right now".

Oh my gosh, I could have written that exact thing. I feel that way too. That's what has always derailed me.
  • avocardiothyme
    avocardiothyme Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Seeing my curves and my clothes fitting nice. Going on vacation usually throws me off because I have no schedule.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!