Shrunk'ded...NSV

Options
bjclaywell
bjclaywell Posts: 165 Member
I live a fairly boring life - same faithful folks around me all the time, etc., and I like it that way. I don't really have many friends that I see once or twice a year. Most everyone I know sees me all the time - so noticing a drastic difference in me has really only been with regards to having to purchase new clothes.

But yesterday I came back from a meeting, and a former employee of mine was at our reception desk chatting with our receptionist as I walked in. This former employee has not seen me for more than 3 months, although we've kept in touch electronically. As I walked in, she stopped mid-sentence, and said - "holy #$(*$# - look at you - you've, you've, you've - well, you've shrunk'ded." :laugh:

I have not any any single person be so impressed by my weight loss - except my mom who is just excited that we get to buy me new clothes. :smile: I almost wanted to cry I was so happy - she told me that I looked like an entirely different person from three months ago, and wanted to know how much weight I'd lost, what all was I doing to keep it off (I think she thought I was done...and she was amazed when I told her I still had more to go).

Such a great feeling to have someone so overwhelmed by my appearance.

Replies

• maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Wow... what an awesome response. Congratulations!
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!
  • HaleyAlli
    HaleyAlli Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    LOL that's a great compliment! Great work!
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    YAY! It feels awesome when we get compliments ayee! :)
  • McWilkie
    McWilkie Posts: 27
    Options
    Love that you posted this story!!! What a wonderful feeling. I'm happy for you:) Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing that happy moment.
  • slybaby
    slybaby Posts: 125
    Options
    That's awesome...that must of given you a little bounce in your step afterwards!!! Happy for you:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!