Wii Fit Question...

Options
I'm looking into buying the Wii Fit with the balance board. But my question is, how accurate is the scale on the balance board? I have a digital one at home, and I can't rely on it. It fluctuates by a couple pounds, which definitely isn't good when you're trying to lose weight and want an accurate number! I've even changed the batteries, and it didn't help.

Replies

• PlunderBunneh
    PlunderBunneh Posts: 1,705 Member
    Options
    I picked up a great scale at target for $30, which is a lot cheaper than the Wii Fit balance board ;)
    However, I do have fun with my wii fit. I think the accuracy of the scale function varies according to the surface you use it on. We had a pretty plush carpet, so I'm not sure it was so accurate. But it was never off by much.
    Enjoy, and have fun!
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I find that my Wii Fit is the most consistent scale I've ever owned, and i like it very well for that. I also like that it keeps records and plots your weight on a graph -- I can look all the way back to January, 2009 when I got it and see how far I've come!
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    The Wii Fit scale is more accurate than a lot of scales :) I love the Wii Fit and I get a hell of a workout using it.
  • MagicandCastles
    Options
    I always figured that if its a little bit wrong as long as it's consistently wrong it's ok. Like if the balance bored is a little different on different surfaces, as long as you use it on the same surface everyday you get a reading consistent with the last one even if it is a little out from reality. If that makes sense!
  • childofares
    childofares Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I adore my wii fit and I find the scale to be the best I own. I do have mine on a hard tile floor though.
  • IamJustSanie
    IamJustSanie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    DAMN!! I forgot the Wii had that damn scale....just when I thought I got rid of all my scales...lol it is VERY accurate!! Too damn accurate
  • Nikki_Gets_Fit
    Nikki_Gets_Fit Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input everyone! I want to buy it for the exercise, but also I need an accurate scale in the house, and I was just curious on how accurate it really was. I think I'll be purchasing one in my near future :)
  • qofsheba
    qofsheba Posts: 72
    Options
    My WII weighs light--up to 5 lbs. The new ones might be more accurate, mine is 3 years old I think. I use the EA Active workouts and the yoga workouts and it has made an incredible difference in how I feel and what I can do. The EA active workouts track calories too, though not sure it is accurate.
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    I love my Wii Fit. I just wish it had a pregnancy mode so it would stop grunting when I step on the balance board. It thinks I'm a pig by now, I'm sure, LOL
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Mine makes me 1.5lb heavier, this happens EVERY time though, so I know exactly where I am. Just make sure you always use it on the same surface :)
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    My WII weighs light--up to 5 lbs. The new ones might be more accurate, mine is 3 years old I think. I use the EA Active workouts and the yoga workouts and it has made an incredible difference in how I feel and what I can do. The EA active workouts track calories too, though not sure it is accurate.

I love EA, done the 9 week programme twice and lost 6lb and 9lb and 9 inches both times. I wear my own HRM as well though and you actually burn almost double the umbers EA gives you.
  • Nikki_Gets_Fit
    Options
    Mine makes me 1.5lb heavier, this happens EVERY time though, so I know exactly where I am. Just make sure you always use it on the same surface :)

If it makes me 1.5 pounds heavier, that is ok. I just don't want to be 268 on day, 265.2 the next, and then 267 the day after that. And that's what my scale at home does...makes me look like I'm up and down every week, and I want a pretty accurate number each time. Thanks for the input!
  • Nikki_Gets_Fit
    Options
    I love my Wii Fit. I just wish it had a pregnancy mode so it would stop grunting when I step on the balance board. It thinks I'm a pig by now, I'm sure, LOL

lol that's funny! And after the baby, I wonder what sound it will make lol.
  • chorgi
    chorgi Posts: 221
    Options
    The Wii fit is a great scale and a fun tool for exercise. There are several other "games" you can get that utilize the board, as well. I found that the disc that came with the Wii Fit was just okay but some of the other games you can get offer a much better workout and help keep things from getting so stagnant.