New here

Options
I like the ap; I've been using runkeeper but this includes calories.
I've been eating at night. Terrible, but I quit smoking. Now I have the evil twins: metobalic change & oral fixation. I've gained 7 pounds & hope to shed that & a few. Really, I don't care about the weight; it's more the size. Last year's summer shorts are too tight. I really need to count calories!
I'm gaining weight in my waist/belly--a first! but I hear it's a function of my age (50). Any advise (beyond crunches) to get rid of that predicted bloat? Any advise appreciated!

Enjoy this beautiful day--
Maureen

Replies

• McWilkie
    McWilkie Posts: 27
    Options
    Hi-Could be age. Could be what you're eating. Once you start logging your foods you may get a clearer picture about what's causing your jiggle in the middle. Good luck!!!
  • murielm
    murielm Posts: 1
    Options
    hi Maureen,
    Its beauitful here too (NY), I've been at this site for 2 weeks. Yes the calorie counting does help, but to get rid of the belly fat
    is a whole other story, If you have access to a treadmill try setting it on steep incline and do 10/15 min.
    the crunches are for upper abs, the hill stretches yr. lower abs. - its not a miracle but its something. Good luck
  • whitelaurel
    whitelaurel Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I also read an article recently that said that holding the plank position for half a minute actually does way more for your abs than crunches ever will. :D So you're right to steer clear. Good luck with everything. <3
  • wwilli42
    wwilli42 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Newbie here