Non food rewards?

Options
lorib642
lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
I want to treat myself when i hit milestones, but not with food or drink. Something little, like a stuffed toy, but something i like more. Does anyone do rewards? What kinds of things did you use?

Replies

• OHFlamingo
    OHFlamingo Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    A stuffed toy? That sure wouldn't work for me! My non-food rewards have been that my face is thinner, my clothes fit better, my body doesn't ache as much from carrying excess weight, and my smaller clothes fit well again. The only reward I consciously give myself is to buy something cute I want to wear in a size too small (either at Goodwill, or on sale, because I don't have a lot of money to waste on clothes that hopefully I won't be wearing long). I hang it on my clothes tree in my bedroom, so I see it all the time, especially when I'm getting dressed. Luckily, I'm not one that needs instant gratification! Perhaps a special liittle excursion, a book you've wanted, music you want to add to your collection, or something extra having to do with a hobby you have will be a nice little reward for you. Hope you find it, and then come back to share! Good Luck!
  • CarvedTones
    CarvedTones Posts: 2,340 Member
    Options
    I started with food rewards and got chastised for how that makes me regard certain foods and about depriving myself. So I quit doing that and before I came up with anything else, I made it far enough for it to be its own reward. I have bought stuff for activities (like a SUP) because I am more active. I have bought new clothes because nothing fit.
  • bstanb01
    bstanb01 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Spa day? When I do all the sessions that I planned to for a few days, I soak in the tub with bath salts or bubble bath and read a good book.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I register for a race.
    I take a picture of a representative milestone.
    I buy clothes in my new size (never ahead of time).
    I tell my children a new plant makes me happy but I think they don’t believe me. I keep getting tea.
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    manicure, facial, pedicure, massage. If you have never done any of these before... try it!
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    hipari wrote: »
    I buy myself fresh flowers. I used to have this butter tub system; the butter tubs I used to buy are 0.6kg, or about 1.5lbs. Every time I lost another 0.6kg, I'd go to the store, visualize how many butter tubs I lost, and buy myself fresh flowers. The flowers remind me about my reaching my goal for several days until they perish, and those mini-goals were reached frequently enough. I haven't been using the butter tub system lately (life literally got in the way of making it to the flower shop), but I am going to make a trip to the butter shelf on the store to visualize my progress next time I do my grocery shopping.

I used a butter visualization when I got to 48 pounds lost. That's like carrying a case of butter (the 24 pound boxes they use to restock butter in the dairy aisle) under each arm all day.

Funny, I always looked at 5 pound bag of potatos...I am down 40, imagine carrying around 8 of those!
  • smsquash
    smsquash Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I plan for an awesome hike or a paddle or a bike ride somewhere that I don’t have time for unless I make it a day trip (or a half day trip). I love taking “mini adventures” and use milestones as an excuse to take a day and go exploring somewhere natural and beautiful.
  • Thediamond13
    Thediamond13 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »
    I want to treat myself when i hit milestones, but not with food or drink. Something little, like a stuffed toy, but something i like more. Does anyone do rewards? What kinds of things did you use?
    u

Fitness clothes and a massage
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Race registration, new clothes, massage, mani/pedi, haircut/color/style, jewelry, new fitness equipment, photos. I used the big stuff for big scale milestones (50, 100, 150, 200) and smaller rewards along the way for numbers that had other significance for me.
  • Vonny198334
    Vonny198334 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I began by rewarding myself for every stone lost (14lbs) but it soon went out the window & when I'd made any progress I was proud of, I'd treat myself to a little something! ;)

Clothes is a big one for me....I'm a slave to the sales racks & do love to buy things slightly too small & try them on weekly...so satisfying when they fit beautifully & even more so when they become too big! Never feel guilty because the amount I save on food more than covers the discounted price non food treats.

Mainly my weakness is workout clothing which is ridiculous! This time last year my idea of exercise was walking down the road instead of taking the car....

Now I'm 73lbs down the rewards have changed a wee bit. I still buy some clothing, but progress pics are my best pal....now I'm smaller the changes don't seem as glaringly obvious week to week...until I compare pics from a stone ago!

Whatever makes you happy, makes you smile & reminds you how far you've come is absolutely the best reward for you!

• JaiNicole7
    JaiNicole7 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    When I lost around 13 lbs I got my first tattoo. I'm planning to get another one at each 10 lbs milestone, because I have some catching up to do. I have 36 lbs left to lose, so at some point I may break down and throw a freebie in there, so that will be 4 tattoos. Those milestones will get me half way to where I want to be. Planning to focus on body fat percentage goals after that for the other tattoos I'd like to get.
  • janinedellar
    janinedellar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I go for smaller treats - really nice bath stuff or body cream is doing it for me at the moment, something about just making time to relax and pamper yourself and making time for you. I got to the stage that buying clothes was so necessary and I needed everything (over 56 lbs down now) that I wasn't enjoying it, and still have another stone to go so not ready to really start to invest in clothes yet. Bizarrely, yes, exercise clothes. No way would I have owned exercise clothes 18 months ago, never mind enjoyed them as a treat.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Clothes. My reward is buying a few clothing items in my new size. I mean sure, I would need to buy the clothes anyway. BUT I make it a reward by not allowing myself to shop randomly. I can shop for workout clothes and every day clothes ONCE when I hit a new smaller size, and then can’t shop again until I’m another size down.