Just wanna kick butt as a correctional officer

Options
saune23
saune23 Posts: 3 Member
Hi!
I'm 22, just graduated, and heading out in to the Criminal Justice field.
I'm a Correctional Officer right now, but being 5'3" and not in great shape, I sometimes get wary of my position if there were to be an altercation. I'm trying to lose my stubborn fat around my legs and belly, as well as build strength so I can feel more confident and prove that even a5'3" female can kick butt in the Criminal Justice field!

(I may have posted one similar to this earlier but my phone bugged out and said it didn't post so forgive me but here I am again buzz buzz)
Stats:
Height: 5'3"
Weight: 135lbs
Goal Weight: 125lbs

**would like help with eating right and doing the correct exercises to reach my goal!

Replies

• Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Congrats :) If I can offer advice it is know what you are eating in terms of calories and log religiously. Exercise when you can but log, log, log :)
  • Clobern80
    Clobern80 Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    Thank you for going into one of the thankless fields out there. Wish you the best.

As far as reaching your goals, there is no way to spot reduce any area. When you lose weight, it will come off where it wants to come off. So doing crunches and squats will not necessarily force fat to disappear from your belly and legs. You just need to work hard and track your calories (Calories In/Calories Out is truly all that matters, how you do that is up to you).

I would recommend focusing on strength training in addition to (or instead of) cardio. You probably would want both, but you'll be super happy with your body if you do strength training. Building muscle is also the best way to keep your metabolism up.

Good luck to you!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    There's a body weight program called Convict Conditioning. Sounds apropros. :D