water

Options
holly_v
holly_v Posts: 292 Member
is it better for your insides to sweat it out or pee it out? i always thought that if you were sweating it out you need to drink more water, which in turn would make you pee it out? i dont know, i am confused by what a doctor told someone about diabetes.

Replies

• Randee75
    Randee75 Posts: 234
    Options
    You would think peeing it out would be best because it would help flush your kidneys. That's just a guess so don't quote me.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    I think both sweating and peeing are good but I think peeing is NECESSARY, sweating isn't. I read (here) that a good rule of thumb is to divide your weight in half and that's how many oz of water you should be drinking a day.
    Diabetes is a diff thing, makes you thirsty & they need a lot of water but when kidneys fail, then you have to restrict water. I know someone who's had his kidneys removed & even has to watch the fruit he eats or anything with water (cause he has to have dialysis)
    scary stuff
  • melholden10
    Options
    when you sweat you also lose essentail ions sodium potassium magnesium and calcium which your body needs for muscle and heart function so its best to pee it out also keeps your kidneys and urinary tract healthy!
  • DiamondRubyMom
    DiamondRubyMom Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I'd have to disagree with a previous post. Peeing is the only way your body can remove certain toxins from your body. While it is bad to drink too much and flush out all your nutrients, it takes a lot of water to do this. aiming for 8 cups of fluid a day will allow you body to remove all the waste without removing too much good stuff too.