That Avocado Brownie is lookin good tho aint it!?

Options
2»

Replies

• DX2JX2
    DX2JX2 Posts: 1,921 Member
    Options
    Why put avocado in a brownie? Does it just replace the fat source or allow for some other omissions from a more traditional recipe or is it really more of a texture thing?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    Why put avocado in a brownie? Does it just replace the fat source or allow for some other omissions from a more traditional recipe or is it really more of a texture thing?

The recipes I've seen it looks like it is just a method to reduce/replace oil (or butter).
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    This got me thinking... https://www.purewow.com/food/weird-food-combinations

bacon and peanut butter... I've never tried it. Some folks swear by it.

I LOVE bacon and PB!

I also love avocados, and brownies, but will pass on the combo. I made a nice triple peppermint brownie over the weekend.
  • amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    *inserts drooling emoji* Only problem is, its made w SO MUCH SUGAR. Im not much of a baker anyway, but im sure there are alternatives to all that sugar right? Im new to my healthy journey, at this stage, i know i'd eat the whole damn batch lol *grabs vanilla greek yogurt*

I've been baking my whole life. Most people in my family are sugar-sensitive (diabetic or close to it). I am not, but I prefer a less-sweet taste having grown up that way. I and my family simply cut sugar in half in recipes. I've never substituted it with anything else. Sometimes the texture/rise is a little different, but not enough for me to care. Dry ingredients when baking do not have to be exact, except baking soda, salt, and/or powder. That must be exact.

Curious how it goes- seems disgusting to me!
  • amandaeve
    amandaeve Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    P.S. I don't think all your "woos" are warranted. There is nothing wrong with not wanting to eat sugar. Just as there is nothing wrong with wanting to eat sugar. It's your recipe, make it how you like it.
  • crazykatlady820
    crazykatlady820 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Kind of sounds like a crime against chocolate to me. Idk... I’m one of those weirdos that finds avocado to be just okay.
  • boehle
    boehle Posts: 5,062 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    swhiteism wrote: »
    Unless I’m missing something that sounds like an awful combination. :s

You're not missing something, IMO. :) I love avocados and I love brownies, but can't picture them as a combination. And that's coming from a guy who loves peanut butter on his hamburgers! :D

pb and hamburger?
    OMG, I want to vomit
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    boehle wrote: »
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    swhiteism wrote: »
    Unless I’m missing something that sounds like an awful combination. :s

You're not missing something, IMO. :) I love avocados and I love brownies, but can't picture them as a combination. And that's coming from a guy who loves peanut butter on his hamburgers! :D

pb and hamburger?
    OMG, I want to vomit

If you like hamburgers and you like peanut butter, you owe it to yourself to try it once. Not kidding.