Picky eater from Philly!

Options
Hi! I don’t know what attempt number this is as I’ve tried to get my weight on track many, many times without much success! I’m 34, 5’2, and starting at 218lbs. No kids, but I live in Philly with my boyfriend (who eats anything he wants, never works out and never gains weight of course) and several cats! Over the past 2 years I’ve gained about 40lbs and am having the hardest time getting it back off. I am pretty active and joined a gym about a month ago and have been attending classes consistently 5 times per week since joining. My first goal is to just get back under 200lbs!

My issue is and has always been my diet. I am a picky eater and don’t really like most vegetables despite trying them several times. I also don’t like seafood and I know these food items play a big role in weight loss. I am a carb junkie and it’s so hard to stay away from them! If anyone has any tips or recipes, I’m all ears!

One of the things I’ve never really done in all of my attempts was use the community aspect as I’ve never really been one to really talk about my weight so hopefully this will help be an extra motivator! Would love to connect with people with similar goals so we can cheer each other on!

Replies

• bugbean90
    bugbean90 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was hoping you would have a reply I'm very much in the same boat but I'm fatter and also don't like meat
  • KimmieCapone
    KimmieCapone Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You're going to have to find a way to make veggies your friend! Dice them up small, hide them with seasonings, something.... Give me a list of foods that you WILL eat - 15-20 and I'll see if I can find some recipes your way. My boyfriend and son are both incredibly picky eaters so I have to cater to them from time to time!
  • Go_Deskercise
    Go_Deskercise Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    The biggest reason people give up trying to lose weight is because they are convinced that they have to eliminate certain foods and have to "eat a certain way" in order to lose weight. Eat your carbs because they are delicious!

Eat what you have always eaten, but smaller portions.
    As long as you are in a calorie deficit, you will lose weight.

Your husband isn't gaining weight because he is eating at maintenance whether he/you realize it or not.
    He might be able to shove his face, but he's burning those calories off somehow.