Already Bored with the 30DS!

Options
I think there is something wrong with me. I get bored so easily with these exercise programs! I started out with the Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds dvd set, but the more I did it, I felt like I needed something more...I tried the P90X for about 2 weeks, and I got tired of that. I picked up the 30 day shred and I'm on day 7....I'm already bored with it! What the heck?? I exercise 6 days a week, because I feel like I have to, not because I want to. I sometimes feel kinda scatter-brained because I can't settle on one thing and stick to that. I guess as long as I keep moving that's a good thing?

Is random exercising ok, can I just "do what I feel" or do I have to have a set routine? I want my workouts to be fun and exciting!

Replies

• u2fergus
    u2fergus Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Personally, I think as long as you're exercising regularly, it doesn't matter what you do. In fact, it's probably better that you shake it up regularly, because your body gets used to doing the same stuff all the time and doesn't respond as well after a while. So... yeah, do what you feel! :)
  • AudgePaudge
    AudgePaudge Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    When I get bored I put some internet radio on with my workouts. It keeps it a little more interesting for me.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Do whatever you want! As long as you enjoy it. If dvd workouts are all boring you maybe join a sport team or do jump rope or anything else really.
  • calimari
    calimari Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I have to change it up. Sometimes I go for walks/hikes, other times I ride my bike. Other days, if the weather is good, I swim. If the weather is bad, I might do a video, or I might do my recumbant bike. I have to have choices & not do the same thing every day. Even if I do a video, I rarely do the same one 2 days in a row.
  • RdySetGO11
    RdySetGO11 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I am the exact same way! The only 2 things that I have been consistant on is Zumba and Body Pump. I also bought the 30DS and was so bored by day 3 and didn't really feel like I was getting anything out of it. I probably would have seen or noticed a difference if I stuck with it but I couldn't get into it anymore!! I don't think it really matters what you do as long as you do something, but I do know it's a good idea to swictch it up after so long because your muscles get used to the exercise!
  • kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I was walking 3 miles a day 1/2 mile on my 15 min brakes at work and then 2 miles after dinner. I went weeks without loosing any weight. I started the 30ds and started loosing again. I believe if you do the same thing for so long your weight lose will stall. (only per my experience) this is why most DVD have diffent levels. I dont think there is anyting wrong with mixing things up...
  • laursey
    laursey Posts: 307
    Options
    The most important thing is to do activities you enjoy. Mix it up. As long as you're exercising and eating properly you're going to get results.
    But you're on day 7 of the shred, now it's time to move to week 2. Depending how fit you are, it could be quit a challenge, sometimes a challenge is all we need. Hopefully by the time you get bored of level 2 it will be time to move on to level 3.
    I have done the 30 day shred for the last 10 weeks with absolutely amazing results. Starting Ripped in 30 today, it's supposed to be much more challenging.
    Good luck finding fun stuff to try.

6143704.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I get pretty bored easily as well. I used to weight train at the gym 3 days a week, followed by 1 hour on treadmill. I also have a lot of different programs: 30DS, Ripped in 30, Turbo Jam, TurboFire, P90X, Hip Hop Abs, plus a handful more of JM's DVDs. I've found that after a few weeks, I get tired of the same routine.

I'm currently doing a hybrid between P90X and TurboFire which has kept my attention pretty well. The routines change every 2 weeks or so. I'm blogging about it and taking part of a really active support group on Facebook which helps as well.

Just doing what you feel can be GREAT as long as you remain active and have a clean diet.

Best of Luck!
  • blueberrypancakes
    Options
    I get bored very easily and specially of jillian talking for 30 minutes everyday so i usually mute the workout and put my favorite tunes in :D
    Im only on day 4 of level 1 but before this I did a different workout almost everyday! Walking is the most boring thing in the world for me but I still tend to do it every other day with a different song or a partner to walk with..
  • ninpiggy
    ninpiggy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Do what you want. As long as you're moving, it doesn't really matter, I don't think. Also, I can empathize with you because I am also very easily bored.
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    im not one for long workouts as i get bored very easily. i like the jm 30ds and ripped! currently doing ripped which is quite a good workout for me! plus the fact that its 30mins is a bonus! ive done it 6 days in a row and have yet to be bored! and tomorrow i move on to level 2! i

you could do a combination of exercises to mix it up, shred one day, run the other etc
  • LauraPPate
    Options
    To anyone bored with their workouts, please please please check out the website www.bodyrock.tv!!!! I don't even want to describe it because I think you guys will be pleased more by just seeing Zuzana and the dozens (hundreds probably) of workouts on her website. They're short, extreeeeeeemely effective and different every day. Don't be turned off if you see her with some equipment until you've watched a whole video (they're usually less than 10 minutes). She explains that she only uses weighted balls/bags due to her own strength level but she gives variations only using bodyweight.