Body Fat Percentage BF% Posting

Options
Many folks are hung up on weight loss - I figure I would start a thread where one can post their BF% Changes. I’ve always been 18-20% but at 50yo I jumped to 22%. Got to get it down. Now at 21.36%

Replies

• steveko89
    steveko89 Posts: 2,216 Member
    Options
    How are you measuring your body fat percentage? Most consumer devices are suspect at best when it comes to accuracy and repeatable results.
  • kj20850
    kj20850 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My Fitbit Aria seems pretty consistent with repeatable results but of course I can't vouch for accuracy, just able to notice trends.
  • cfgreear
    cfgreear Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I check mine first thing in the morning before drinking any water and using my omron reader for it, right now im consistently getting 17.0%. I check under the same time and condition every time.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I've been going on 5 years and have never had my body fat% tested. I still don't know what it is I have a BIA scale but don't trust the number it gives. :grimace:
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    I also don't track my bodyfat % using any accurate measure but I use the mirror, measurements and photos to monitor changes in my bodyfat levels. I typically categorize myself as ultra lean, medium lean, thick lean or postpartum and go from there.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I don't understand the fascination with BF %.

I'm also not real hung up on my body weight number.

I have a goal look for my body (STRONG AF, that's goal), and some powerlifting goals, and I use those as my gauges.
  • NunyaWest
    NunyaWest Posts: 87 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    steveko89 wrote: »
    How are you measuring your body fat percentage? Most consumer devices are suspect at best when it comes to accuracy and repeatable results.

I use a couple of generally accepted calculations And average them out. They are based on body weight and a few different body measurements. I don’t know if the result is super accurate, but close enough for me and seems very consistent.