So sick of this weight loss thing....

Options
How many of us love watching the number on the scale go down? I used to live for it... but then about 3months ago I gained a bunch of weight... not sure why I gained like 30lbs in 2/3mo.

Now I hate the scale.... Wed. I weighed in at 216lbs.... I thought it was high but it had been a few weeks since I had checked... about 4hrs later I weighed in again (my scale does not move or anything of the like) and I was 195lbs. The next day I weighed in at 205, the day after that 207... so I bought another scale to compare... and it jumps the same as my first one does.....

I am going crazy! :noway:

Replies

• HeavenllySin
    HeavenllySin Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    How many of us love watching the number on the scale go down? I used to live for it... but then about 3months ago I gained a bunch of weight... not sure why I gained like 30lbs in 2/3mo.

Now I hate the scale.... Wed. I weighed in at 216lbs.... I thought it was high but it had been a few weeks since I had checked... about 4hrs later I weighed in again (my scale does not move or anything of the like) and I was 195lbs. The next day I weighed in at 205, the day after that 207... so I bought another scale to compare... and it jumps the same as my first one does.....

• MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    not sure if you tried but never move the scale and make sure its on solid floor not carpet..also weigh first thing in the morning about the same time daily. best is with no clothes
  • TheGuardian
    TheGuardian Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    time to buy a new scale
    my old one was like that. not as bad, but it would still vary +/- 10 pounds even getting off and right back onto it!

Also make sure you get one that fits your feet completely and comfortably.. I have big feet and this was a problem for me too.
  • sportygal
    sportygal Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Just a bit of advice...how do you feel? Are you tired? No energy? Do you feel great and are healthy? I have been obsessed with weight in the past, but when it comes down to it, its a NUMBER! I've learned over the years, that physcial strength, and health are the true important things. Exercise and healthy eating habits, by far are more important than weight. If you weight feels like its compromising your health, then go for good habits!
    I have my own battles and obstacles right now, but just hope that you see the big picture. I, by no means know your situation or can I be right. Just wanted to add a perspective.
    Cheers!:drinker:
  • verifire
    Options
    ditch the scale for a few days, but stick with healthy habits. then you will get to know all the other rewards: the way your clothes fit, the way your body feels. these are even better than watching the number go down. i weigh in once in a while, but weight loss is a simple calculus: calories in, calories out. as long as you are working on the equation, the scale can be on the back burner!

keep your chin up! this is all about you and what you want - don't let the number rule you :)
  • cavanar2
    Options
    I completely agree with verifire. I went through three scales before I ditched mine!:wink:
  • singfree
    singfree Posts: 1,591 Member
    Options
    Ditch the scale, buy a mirror!
  • Natalievh
    Options
    mirrors lie lol. i look in the mirror and think mmmmm i look good today but after the meal of the day i start blouting and then i look and think? why did i wear this, i look so fat in this lol. full length mirror at home i havent bought a scale yet. my hubby seems to think scales create issues so he says just take your measurements rather. he is right, i would become depressed if my scale didnt move down but up instead.:bigsmile:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

I say how about trying something new? Kick it under the bed for a bit and whip out the handy tape measure, which NEVER lies!:wink::bigsmile: Scales vary so much throughout the day and you can be tooling along great with your workouts and food and BAM, it says something you feel it shouldn't say.... a tape measure? Nah, it's accurate each time ... Glad you don't live for the scale anymore...that's HUGE SUCCESS Hon:flowerforyou:

FC:heart:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    mirrors lie lol. i look in the mirror and think mmmmm i look good today but after the meal of the day i start blouting and then i look and think? why did i wear this, i look so fat in this lol. full length mirror at home i havent bought a scale yet. my hubby seems to think scales create issues so he says just take your measurements rather. he is right, i would become depressed if my scale didnt move down but up instead.:bigsmile:
    So much of it's in between the ears isn't it though, with the mirror etc. One minute we feel like we look great, we turn around then we see all the flaws....geesh, mirrors...pzzzzzzzzt!:grumble: :laugh: Psttt...I think they lie too at times....:frown:

FC:heart: