how long did it take you ?

missdmays
missdmays Posts: 9 Member
Hey guys ! just a question for all of the short women like myself (5'2) who had to lose a lot of weight ...how long did it take you guys and what do you think really helped you lose the weight ?

Im currently 221 and would like to get to atleast 160 .

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,940 Member
    I went from 220 to 160 in about eight months.
  • Cosmicneo7
    Cosmicneo7 Posts: 5 Member
    edited May 2018
    256-->205 (50lbs) over 6 months with dieting around 1500-1800 calories daily and a moderate low exercise routine of walking.
  • GOT_Obsessed
    GOT_Obsessed Posts: 817 Member
    5'3"

Nov 2017 I was 219 lbs
    Today am I about 168 lbs

51 lbs lost in about 6 months

Please try to be patient. The slower you lose, the more likely it is to stay off.
  • Diatonic12
    Diatonic12 Posts: 32,344 Member
    No two dreams or weight releasing journeys are the same. Give yourself at least one year.

What helped me: I knew how to use food as a safe haven. I had to learn how to apply other skills to achieve a safe haven. Walking away from emotional self-soothing with food situations, enlisting help. We may try to learn it from a book or through another dieting phase but many of us need to sit down with someone. Face-to-Face. We need to find people who can help us develop skills that were missing at home or when we left the comfort of home, on our own.
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    5’1” - I have lost 12 lbs so far over the past 3 months
  • Jadub729
    Jadub729 Posts: 135 Member
    started at 173 now 164, 2 months, 40 more pounds to go at this rate I expect it to take a year.
  • duskyjewel
    duskyjewel Posts: 286 Member
    50 pounds took me six months to lose
  • sandy_taylor13
    sandy_taylor13 Posts: 194 Member
    I went from 195 to 140 in 7 months. Now just keeping it off that is the hard part. Been 3 months and still kept off!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Lost 23lbs in 6months...mind you....I am 61yo and an insulin user. <3
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    edited May 2018
    I’m still losing, but so far I’ve lost 30 pounds (173 to 143) in slightly over 4 months. I’m 5’2.5” and 62 years old.
  • hroderick
    hroderick Posts: 756 Member
    333 to 263 lb (-70) in 5 mo @ age 60

What's helping me:
    > I'm not dieting, instead I'm permanently changing my eating behaviors by practicing mindful eating
    > I'm committed to daily walking for exercise. Initially 1 mile, slowly increasing to 4 miles, now switched to treadmill for 3 miles and increasing incline
    > Using platejoy.com for planning and a lot of variety in my menus

We can do this one bite and one step at a time.
    I hope to reach goal, down 150 lb, in 18 months, but don't expect much of my modified habits to change much when I do.

• etherealanwar
    etherealanwar Posts: 465 Member
    Wow I feel like almost everyone is losing faster than me...its been 6 months and I've only lost 23lbs and I'm fairly young at 24 and have been weighing my food and everything -_-

So discouraging. Wonder what I'm doing wrong..
  • Glasscandle
    Glasscandle Posts: 134 Member
    I'm 5'4" . Went from 189 to 144 in 6.5 months (Jan-Jun '17). Then I stopped paying attention and gained 15 lbs, July '17- May '18. So back to paying attention. Been trying 2 weeks. No change. Sigh. Must be ever vigilant.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    it took me almost a year to lose 20lbs :/ but the good news is, I kept it off. Slow and steady was the best way for me.

Don't get discouraged, its not about how long it takes, just keep plugging away, losing bit by bit and learning better eating habits that you can sustain. You've got the rest of your life living as a slim person, just think of it that way :smile:
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,345 Member
    Oh and don't compare your loss rate to others..everyone is different.