Zumba Fitness for Wii...for beginners?

Options
I've also heard a lot about this Zumba craze. Would anyone recommend the Zumba game for Wii for someone totally new to it? Or is it too fast-paced?

Replies

• Cloma60
    Cloma60 Posts: 3
    Options
    My neice started doing the Zumba for Wii and she loves it. She said if she can't keep up she just makes sure that she keeps moving.
  • ZannahDia
    Options
    I would definatley suggest that you try it! It is so much fun! I LOVE it!
  • lc522
    lc522 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I have the game and have never taken a real zumba class and I found not to be too difficult to follow at the beginning as long as I stuck with the beginners level dances (there are three different levels in the game). I would however make sure you do the tutorials first as they show you the steps and break them down slowly before you attempt an actual dance. Good Luck!
  • chrissypops
    chrissypops Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I started a few wks ago and at the mo doing 20/40 mins 2x a week if i can and i love it! Half the fun is wiggling to the beat of the music and just trying to keep up! You do sweat a lot but not really out of breathe as such which is a good sign for me that your in the " fat burn" zone, rather than full on aerobics! If you have a friend thats got it, maybe borrow it from her for a few days and see if it suits you, othewise just bite the bullet and get it xx

chrissy x
  • janinadawn
    janinadawn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Zumba is a kick-butt workout! If you're new to fitness (or latin dancing) it may prove to be too much to keep up with, which can take some of the fun out of it, though it's true that you still score points just for moving. Don't let anything force you to do something you're not ready for.
    There's a Gold's Gym Dance Workout for Wii that has latin dancing and boxing and a few other games, and it eases you into latin dance a little better, with a true warm-up and cool down, and it actually lets you know what's coming next. It also eases you in starting with 10 minute workouts the first week and working your way up. I would recommend that one for beginners.
  • GrandmaJody
    GrandmaJody Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Some public Library's carry the games also, a great way to get a feel for it!
  • melo78
    melo78 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I have been thinking of getting the Wii Zumba, but I heard (who knows if it's true) that Wii is coming out with Zumba2 in November. So, I figure I will wait til then just in case. I worried about being able to keep up too, but like previous posters said, just keep moving. I think I will try it! :)
  • MaitreyeeMAYHEM
    MaitreyeeMAYHEM Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Being a Zumba freak, I would suggest going to a class. Its way more fun and I think it gives u more of a work out. I'm getting my Zumba license sept 10 so if you have any questions hit me up.