Diary Sharing

Options
Do you share your diary? I had a password on mine but just recently had the courage to admit what I've eaten and opened it up to my friends. This sure has increased my accountability and made me think twice before eating something because I know my friends will see it.

What do you think?

Replies

• bflicker11
    bflicker11 Posts: 296
    Options
    Mine is open to friends only. It does help me to be accountable. I was worried at first but we're all here to support one another.
  • iamanne
    iamanne Posts: 67
    Options
    I recently did the same and I agree that it is a good thing. It does keep us accountable and also allows for more support from our friends. They may be able to give us healthier options to what we are eating. It is scary to lay it all out there, but ultimately better for us in the long run. Just my opinion.
  • Sissy4EverX3
    Options
    Mine has always been open to everyone (at least, I'm fairly certain it is.) I have friends and family that aren't on MFP and when it posts my log to FB, they check it out.. they help me stay on track. :)
  • Aeliyah
    Aeliyah Posts: 247
    Options
    I actually wrote a blog post about this issue... I have my diary open to my friends now... It does help with accountability, but I use it as a tool to show others that you really can enjoy your favourite meals, just keep things in moderation. Feel free to add me as a friend and read my post :) It's entertaining, to say the least...
  • sarah307
    sarah307 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    mine is also open to friends only.

I find that it helps keep me accountable for sure! Sometimes, I'll be like.. "I don't need to eat that candy bar, cause I don't want to log it!!" Plus, when you eat really clean and hit your goals, there is TONS more support from MFP friends and that helps a lot!

edit:
    also wanted to add that I keep mine open to give other people ideas how WHAT i'm eating. they might see something and want to go to the store and get some! and I want other people to know that you can enjoy the foods you love :)
  • McWilkie
    McWilkie Posts: 27
    Options
    I've been toying with the idea of opening mine up and still haven't...still mulling it over...I don't know exactly why I feel so private about it...
  • katzrich
    katzrich Posts: 17
    Options
    I agree, it keeps you more accountable and it also helps your friends out as well. I have gotten several ideas on nutritious meals and such from friends diaries. At first I was uncertain about having it out there, but now it doesn't bother me at all.
  • edward1973
    Options
    I made mines public - nothing to hide - and it forces me to be brutally honest - after all your only cheating yourself if you "forget" to put things on it
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    we are our own worst enemies, and our own harshest judges. I keep mine open to anyone who wants to see it. I don't know that any one ever looks at it but me, but knowing that they could makes me think twice when I want to splurge a little too much. The people here are supportive more than judgmental and so sharing is a positive tool.
  • childofares
    childofares Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Mine is public. I think people should see my ups and my down days so they know it's OK if they have one too!
  • cherubcrnp
    cherubcrnp Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to the public. It keeps me accountable, gives people ideas of what kinds of things they can eat and still eat healthy....you surely don't feel deprived at all...and vice versa.

Pam aka Cherubcrnp