Suggest a treadmill brand please!

Options
Hi,
I would appreciate some input on a brand of treadmill. After 15 years, my Smooth brand treadmill is just about finished and they no longer make the model. Newer versions are too expensive. I would like to spend under $1000. Thanks so much for any suggestions!

Replies

• lisamarieb64mfp
    lisamarieb64mfp Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My Sole treadmill was just over $1300 but was one of their mid range ones - so they might have an under $1K. I've had it for at least 4 years and have absolutely no complaints about it.
  • Giovanna9563
    Giovanna9563 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank u!
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Read the reviews at https://www.treadmilldoctor.com/.

My old Proform is a POS. I would not recommend it.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I have a Sole. 10 years old and still going strong. It did sit unused for almost 6 years while I had babies, but I’ve used it regularly for the last 4 years.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    Check craigslist . A lot of people buy exercise equipment thinking it'll help motivate them and then they never use it. Or, people move and don't want to take it with. You could likely get one that has barely been used.

Or Facebook marketplace!
  • fdhunt1
    fdhunt1 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Sole gets my vote.
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Sole is the one I use. Love it and no problems.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Not sure I'd recommend an under $1000 treadmill, That being said. The used market is a good place to start.

Outside is always an option.
  • dotren
    dotren Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Do you have an Academy store nearby? Most of them have a bunch of treadmill brands, plugged in and you can walk on them and see if you like them.
    I find that hands on better than reviews (of course: do both lol).
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Check craigslist . A lot of people buy exercise equipment thinking it'll help motivate them and then they never use it. Or, people move and don't want to take it with. You could likely get one that has barely been used.

Or a garage sale! I see SO MANY for $50 or less. The elliptical I have is Golds Gym, and it's held up very well.
  • Giovanna9563
    Options
    zdyb23456 wrote: »
    I have a Sole. 10 years old and still going strong. It did sit unused for almost 6 years while I had babies, but I’ve used it regularly for the last 4 years.

Would u mind sharing the model you have? Thanks u so much!!
  • Giovanna9563
    Options
    dewd2 wrote: »
    Read the reviews at https://www.treadmilldoctor.com/.

My old Proform is a POS. I would not recommend it.

Thanks for the tip. I looked at the website and it’s funny because proform gets some pretty high rankings! I’ll steer clear though
  • Moondancer77
    Moondancer77 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think it may just come down to what bells and whistles you want.

My treadmill came from Wal-Mart and it was around $350. I've been using it fairly regularly for over 5 years and it shows no sign of wearing out.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    for distance, i like woodway. a little more cushion and good tread
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

Or a garage sale! I see SO MANY for $50 or less. The elliptical I have is Golds Gym, and it's held up very well.

A $50 garage sale treadmill would be a POS. If that is all you can afford, don't spend the $.
  • cs4156
    cs4156 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I like my Nordic Trac