Hello. I am new in here.

Options
Hi.My name is Viola.I am in Thailand. After just concentrated on study and working. I really never ever take care of myself.I ate junk foods and when I felt so stressful, I ate cakes a lot.Now I am 183 pounds.Maybe It seems like not that much but I am asian people and you know in my country , girls are so tiny and skinny.So It makes me feel so fat and big.I even couldn't buy cloths in normal shops.I should go to buy them at plus size shop only.Now I am falling in love with one great guy.Of course he never care about How do I look. But you know when you feel fall in love to someone.I want to be better and prettier for him.

On Dec , I will meet his parents and I am so nervous.I don't want to look bad in front of them. So I decided to join MFP since last week and I lost 4 pounds already! The most important thing is this community seems really be supportive. So I will keep doing it.
I never ever go to gym before but now I started to go there 3 times per week and try to eat under my calories goal. It is really useful website.I feel like I must can make it!

My goal is 135 pounds. So fighting together guys!

Ps.Sorry if my english is pretty bad.

Replies

• vivapuff
    Options
    good luck and congrats for trying to live healthier!
  • aparks1177
    Options
    Welcome!!! Sounds like you are on the right track and doing great. I wish you the best of luck on your journey. You can do this!!!
  • 2chubby4now
    2chubby4now Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Well done! You can do this. Good luck to you!
  • christalouigi
    Options
    Welcome! You can do this. Reading your post reminds me so much of my dear friend Yukari, who is from Japan. When we were in college together, she too thought she was heavy because by her country's standards she was. She said the other Japanese exchange students poked fun at her all the time for having gained weight. She was fairly short and I thought she looked great just the way she was, but she had said that in Japan, she had weighed 85 at one time. That was too little!! So I support you in your effort to lose weight but just remember to do it the healthy way. Yukari had told me she'd went to extremes to get that small, and peer pressure is not worth sabotaging your body. MFP is a wonderful tool; it will make sure you are eating enough because if you are honest in your food journal, it will let you know if you haven't eaten enough. And it helps with being able to enter your exercise in too. I think 135 is a healthy and reasonable goal; mine is 140 and maybe I can get down to 135 too but we'll see. I don't have a very petite frame so I figure even 150 would look healthy on me. Anyway, good luck! And I am glad you have someone who loves you for YOU and not for how skinny you are. :-)
  • cameralinds
    Options
    I am sending you a friend request right now.

I am so happy you have someone that loves you for you... now you need to start loving you for you a little more. :)

Great job on taking the first steps to becoming healthy. And a 4 pound weight loss so far is spectacular!
  • krstal02
    krstal02 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Welcome and I wish you well. I am fairly new to the site myself. Everyone who I have crossed paths with are great motivators and encourages
  • vshizuru
    Options
    Thanks for all of you guys. To be honest ,I worked in Finland as a trainee for 4 months. Finland is where I met my boyfriend and yeah.In there seems like I look not that fat and I can easily find cloths in my size there but when I back from there.I gained some weight and in Thailand , girls are so tiny and skinny. I felt a bit bad for myself.

My boyfriend is a part of the reason why I want to lost weight but another reason is I love to dress up and make up.
    So I want to look good in any cloths I will wear plus I felt too easy to be tired too because my weight.My health becoming a bit bad.
    Then I want to lose weight for healthy too.

Thanks you guys!
  • blackrat150
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

Just keep at it and you will win! I did after years of being unhappy!

I've been on MFP for over six months now and have lost nearly 80lb I am now coming up to 210 consecutive days of logging.

I'm also after some more friends to help me along so if any of you that read this would add me we can support each other on our journey.

Thanks in advance.

Brian