Getting Scared

Options
memaw66
memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
Okay, I am getting really scared. They laid off some people in my company today. One of them being one of my best friends. She is my only real freind in the company. I am just worried about my job. I can not afford to lose my job, too many bills. My boss told me not to worry but how can I not???

Scared in Texas

Memaw

Replies

• memaw66
    Options
    Okay, I am getting really scared. They laid off some people in my company today. One of them being one of my best friends. She is my only real freind in the company. I am just worried about my job. I can not afford to lose my job, too many bills. My boss told me not to worry but how can I not???

Scared in Texas

Memaw
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Dear Scared in Texas,

Wells Fargo hasn't decided what they are doing with us Wachovians they recently purchased. I feel your fear. If you have faith in a higher power, pray for relief from your fear. Worry won't help save your job. If you don't have faith in a high power, there's no time like the present!! :wink:

When I found out we were bought out at work, I went home and made a disaster budget. How much I'd bring in from unemployment and hubby's income versus expenses. Not pretty by any means, but it helped ground me a bit in reality. Still enough for the house note and the cars and food. Other debt? Well now, that is all iffy, but the basics will still be covered.

Try not to worry. (I had to be put back on my ulcer meds, so I'm the pot calling the kettle black here.) Take it one day at a time.

-- Scared in North Carolina
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I work in construction and we have gotten ZERO new work. It's so scary right now. The reality is, I could also end up laid off. We've went from over 50 employees down to 23............... It's scary but unfortunately worrying isn't going to make a difference. SO my advice is think positive and deal with it when and IF you have to...........

Signed,

Also worried in MD lol
  • constancelawson
    constancelawson Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I really believe no one is safe right now, tons of layoffs where I work, and the first of the year, the plant my boyfriend works at is laying off 400 people, not doing a whole lot for Christmas this year. All you can do is pray if one door closes another will open. Good luck to all.
  • memaw66
    Options
    I work in construction and we have gotten ZERO new work. It's so scary right now.
    Signed,

Also worried in MD lol

I too work in the construction business and we went from having 28 jobs lined up to only the 3 we are currently working on!!! Scary times indeed!!!

I will pray for everyone and thier jobs!!!
  • relaxed91859
    relaxed91859 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    The work force is scary but you need hope and faith that all will work out for the good. Let the Lord know how you feel and ask Him to give you peace.
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Now that times are better than in 2008 let it be a learning moment. You need an emergency fund of at least 3 months salary. Even better 6 months is optimum. I have been there living hand to mouth and it sucks. You need ask your self "can I afford this" and delay what you want until you have saved for it. Being debt free is euphoric and a very worthy goal to strive for. Of course I had to learn this the hard way first. Its not easy or fun but it is the right adult thing to do. I hope it worked out well for everybody.
  • urloved33
    urloved33 Posts: 3,325 Member
    Options
    then you get another job. its really that simple. been there done that./
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    This thread is ten years old! If it were a child it'd be in Middle School by now

Great. Now I need resolution. Thinks for being aware of stuff and pointing it out.
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    Options
    urloved33 wrote: »
    then you get another job. its really that simple. been there done that./

siylgkf77tes.gif

<3 this.

If it were only that easy.
  • go_cubs
    go_cubs Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    No one is safe