Spinoff to super annoying. This applies....

Options
I am sure some of you have seen this before, but I just had to post it.

How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

Replies

• currlygirrl
    currlygirrl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You just made my day :~)
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    So basically you're trying to bully and intimidate any new members from even thinking about posting in threads... that's nice of you.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    I am sure some of you have seen this before, but I just had to post it.

How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed

14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently

7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs

1 to move it to the Lighting section

2 to argue then move it to the Electricals section

7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs

5 to flame the spell checkers

3 to correct spelling/grammar flames

6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid

2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"

15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct

19 to post that this forum is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb forum

11 to defend the posting to this forum saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this forum

36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty

7 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs

4 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's

3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group

13 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

5 to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy

4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs"

1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

You forgot the most important.

4 moderators to volunteer to remove all offensive wording and personal attacks and post the applicable rules, and then forget to log their own food :wink:
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    So basically you're trying to bully and intimidate any new members from even thinking about posting in threads... that's nice of you.
    I'm guessing you don't have a sense of humor. Obvious joke is obvious.
  • keljo05
    keljo05 Posts: 173
    Options

really?
  • lynn1982
    Options

No, I have a sense of humour but I also have a sense of humanity. I've seen way too much bullying on this forum. It's pretty disgusting.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    This is HI-larious! Totally made my day!

especially getting someone to criticize right out of the gate. Fantastic!
  • BettyMargaret
    BettyMargaret Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Ahahahahahaha... That's just what I was gonna say!!!!! Hahahahahahahahaha! Brilliantly funny! Thanks for writing this!
  • anita1939
    Options
    Talk about annoying post.... yours it it. #1 on the chart.!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I'm new and didn't feel bullied or intimidated. I LOL'ed. :)
  • 46and2
    46and2 Posts: 167
    Options

No, I have a sense of humour but I also have a sense of humanity. I've seen way too much bullying on this forum. It's pretty disgusting.

Yeah, be careful Lipgloss.. don't want anyone shooting up some sparky's because of this bullying.. LOL!

Thanks for posting this for those of us who ENJOY humor.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    The technical term is filament, not lamp
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options

I thought OP was actually making fun of the bullying (as well as a few other issues).
  • cabul3
    cabul3 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    funny :o)
  • TTops76
    TTops76 Posts: 116
    Options
    Brilliant!!!!
  • lynn1982
    Options
    Wow, I am so overwhelmed with how accepting people are on this forum and how no one makes fun of anyone else and isn't actively rude... Oh wait, that's not this forum. Silly me that I don't fit into all your cliques.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    The change a light bulb post is a forum joke that's several years old. There's nothing about it that's bullying. It's a parody of how people on forums behave. It's a classic joke. If I posted Abbott & Costello's "Who's on first?" routine to a baseball forum, does that mean I'm bullying people who want to ask questions about baseball teams? Or am I posting a funny joke?

Also, insulting people while claiming to be upset about other people being rude or insulting is insanely hypocritical, maybe you should take a step back and see how your attitude contributes to the negativity you see.
  • momcindy
    momcindy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yes, that about sums up the message board experience!
  • Babushka_Dolly
    Babushka_Dolly Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    personally, I think that joke is verrry funny!!! :)

for everyone's benefit I will post what I did on the other thread:

A quick reminder of the forum rules:

4) Do not attack/slam/insult other users. The forums are here so that members can help support one another. Attacks or insults against each other takes away from the supportive atmosphere and will not be tolerated. You can discuss the message or topic, but not the messenger - NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are attacked by another user, and you reciprocate, YOU will also be subject to the same consequences. Defending yourself, defending a friend, etc. are NOT excuses. Violations of this rule are taken very seriously and may result in being banned without warning! If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

5) Topics which are started with the intent to denigrate, belittle, or disparage another MyFitnessPal member, either directly named or through enough descriptive commentary to be possibly identified, are prohibited. Such topics will be instantly deleted and may result in the banning of the original poster. This includes following another poster around in the forums, posting about past events gone sour, divulging personal information, spreading gossip or rumors, posting email exchanges between users, etc. Keep the drama off the forums!
  • lynn1982
    Options
    Again, overwhelmed by the bullying on here. How eye opening... I will leave all of you to your cliques. This is disgusting.