Any fellow chronic evening snackers?

Hi! I just joined, so feel free to add me and we can help motivate each other! I'm looking to lose about 10-15 lbs... and I'm normally very good at keeping my portions reasonable and my choices healthy during the day but as soon as I'm winding down at the end of the day, I get really bad cravings to eat anything and everything and I believe that's what's keeping me from losing this weight!
Any others struggling with binging at the end of the day?
So excited to start this journey on MFP and I'm hoping this will help me achieve my goal! :)

Replies

• Ecomama09
    Ecomama09 Posts: 31 Member
    Me too. I eat like a rock star...then bedtime. Ugh. I can do it—just have to be very mindful! I wish I had a cure!
  • bunnyluv19
    bunnyluv19 Posts: 103 Member
    I eat supper@ 6_then just chew gum :smile: - I schedule 225 calories for a bedtime snack every night, that’s worked really well for me.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Oh just have a carrot (sorry I couldn't resist :D )

It's hard to resist temptations sometimes. Having good habits, including a reasonable meal schedule, helps, being busy helps, managing stess and emotions helps.
  • mandamackinnon28
    mandamackinnon28 Posts: 8 Member
    edited May 2018
    I chew gum during the day to keep myself from mindless snacking at my desk between tasks. I never think to do it in the evening though. What a great idea! And I could schedule 300 cals for a night snack as well. I bet that would work and also help keep my paws off of the extra snacks during the day because my allowance would be much lower during the day. I'm going to put these ideas to practice starting tonight! Thank you all. :smile: