New to this and need motivation- I'm 5'2 and eager to see su

Options
Hello :) I've just began my hopefully successful journey at Myfitnesspal. I've already looked over some success stories and am amazed at how amazing everyone looks! Although I haven't seen any 'shorter' peoples success stories or pictures! If you could post yours that would be great and a huge boost of motivation to get me going!
I'm 5'2 and weigh 154 pounds. My goal is 130, I just want the BMI calculator to say healthy instead of overweight!
Thanks for your time, Holly

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    welcome and good luck
  • kynichol21
    Options
    Hello and welcome:
    Search for this one, its long but have several shorties pictures.
    "Short People Before and After Pics Please"
  • techymum
    techymum Posts: 168
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I'm another shorty here - 4'11 to be exact! Started at 176, goal 125. I just have my start picture on, am planning to put my first one up when I hit 15 pound loss.

Good luck - I find it to be great inspiration and movitation!
  • hotmomma43
    Options
    Good luck to you!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard! I'm 5' 2 and started at 159 lbs.

My first goal was "a toned 10 stone" - I'm now 135lbs and pretty happy, fitting into a UK size 10.

Let me see if I can find some pics....
  • Staffyman
    Staffyman Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Welome and good luck!
  • PeaceMe
    PeaceMe Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am 5'1 and I started at 158. I am at 128 currently. The weight loss is super noticeable on people our size! I have a couple pics on my profile, but they aren't great. Feel free to add me as a friend! Good luck on your journey!
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    I just started also and I am grateful for all of the support I have recieved from other members. Good Luck, YOU CAN DO IT !!!!
  • ilovedean
    Options
    Welcome :D
  • Lindsayrob
    Lindsayrob Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome!
    I'm 5'2 as well and heading for 130 I hope - feel free to add me as a friend
    Lindsay
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome! I'm *almost* 5'4. I hope these pix don't come out huge, I thought I made them small :/ blessings.

edit: GAH! I can't make them small. sorry to frighten you with my giant-ness.

before: 142 lbs.

novbefore.jpg

after: 130 lbs.

julyyellow.jpg
  • KriscoOil
    KriscoOil Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Just started my journey too. 5' even and have 30lbs to go. friend me and maybe we can be of some support to each other!
  • lizsquish
    Options
    hi Holly! I am new too. i'm shorter than you are... 5'1. There are so many nice people on this site. feel free to add me as a friend! I need all the motivation i can get too. just take it one day at a time, and you will get there.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=151275384954774&set=at.124680677614245.32561.100002169401500.583028643&type=1&theater

Not sure if you can see this - me last night with my daughter celebrating her 18th birthday.
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you!!! Here is a link to a lot of stories and photos from fun-sized ladies, including me. :) I'm 5'2" and starting weight was 157 in January 2010. I'm now 123.0 and one pound from my goal of 122.0. You can do this!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/268086-short-people-before-and-after-pics-please
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!