Feminine question please help!!

Options
Fairysoul
Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
Ok so I had a baby three months ago, and I breastfed for 1 month. At my 6 week my doctor put the nuva ring in it was close to the end of my first period. I spotted a little just before my next period and then the doctor told me to take it out for four days on the same days each month. I took it out yesterday and have had nothing. Could more excercise lessen my period or does it just take a few days to get going?? I plan on calling them monday but some insight would be helpful!!

Replies

• ltlane
    ltlane Posts: 120
    Options
    i have never had nuvaring but i have read that more active women might have less periods. im sure it depends on the activity level but you could ask the doc just to be for sure
  • Nichole90
    Nichole90 Posts: 118
    Options
    Ok so I had a baby three months ago, and I breastfed for 1 month. At my 6 week my doctor put the nuva ring in it was close to the end of my first period. I spotted a little just before my next period and then the doctor told me to take it out for four days on the same days each month. I took it out yesterday and have had nothing. Could more excercise lessen my period or does it just take a few days to get going?? I plan on calling them monday but some insight would be helpful!!
    i havent hered good with the nuva ring i have the paraguard IUD it last 10 years and has no hormones...if for some reason you dont like having to constantly take the nuva out i would ask about the paraguard
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    I'm on the nurvaring I have mine in for 3 weeks take it out for one week one that week I have my period. You had a baby, your period will probably be complelty off. Your doctor is probably tryin to get it back on track. With the nurvaring I get my period every month on a Wednesday and am over it by Saturday. It's always light since I've been on it....(Since Jan. 2008)
  • Wanda66
    Wanda66 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Your body may have changed after having a baby. I tried the Nuvaring (pre-kids) and I bled so I stopped it right away. Another friend I have swears by it. So, it depends on your body. Perhaps you may want to try something else. I heard the patch is another means - don't know much about it. Good luck.
  • Fairysoul
    Options
    I never had problems with the nuva ring before I got pregnant ( we planned baby) is it possible that now it could be different?
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I never had problems with the nuva ring before I got pregnant ( we planned baby) is it possible that now it could be different?

Absolutly! Your body changes in more ways then simply expanding while youre pregnant! It can take a few months for your periods to get back on track
  • mohugs
    mohugs Posts: 2
    Options
    In my experience, the rule has been to take it out for 1 week each month, rather than four days. But, it might be different once you've been pregnant, I'm not sure about that one. I have never been pregnant myself.

When I did use the Nuva ring, it usually took a day or two before my period started after I took it out again. Perhaps your period is just delayed like mine?

Right now I'm on the Depo shot, and although the side effects have been rather bothersome, I am hoping that by the sixth month of use they will have gone away. This method is so convenient! Just one little shot every 3 months... nothing in my vagina to worry about and nothing to remember on a daily or even monthly basis. All I have to do is make that doctor appointment. It's also a really effective method, if you don't mind having no period. :) Hope this helped.
  • sweetsapphire85
    Options
    i'm on it, and it's the only thing that works for me without side effects. In 3 weeks, out for 1 and takes about 3 days (sometimes 4) before i get my period. I notice the longer i'm on it the shorter my period is.

I think it's your hormones getting back into the swing of things since the baby. I'd give it a couple months.
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I used it for almost a year. I find that on any contraceptive I usually don't get my period until the very last day.
  • leynak
    leynak Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I use nuva ring and I take it out on tuesdays and don't get my period until fri. or sat. (3-4 days) so it will probably just take some time for it to start. I've been using it since I had my second child in 2007 & have had no problems with it. It's been the best bc for me so far.
  • RedNeckGal1970
    Options
    I have three kids, and after having a baby our body and hormones levels are all outta whack. Could take 3-4 months to normalize and get your period back on track. When you throw birth control into that mix... it's more hormones and more changes to your body so don't be surprised if it takes longer for your period to show up. This is all perfectly normal. You have to remember that just because baby is here now, does not mean that your body has fully adjusted itself back to normal.

And when you are talking about your period... all kinds of things can affect it's arrival date. Stress, being sick, being more active than usual... the list goes on. I wouldn't worry about it. I myself, in my 20's went with an IUD so I didn't have to have extra hormones messing around in my body. I've never had a problem since then.

Hope this helps.
  • Fairysoul
    Options
    Thanks for all the input, it's immense relife!! I don't think I can handle being pregnant right now!!! I will just relax and give it some time!! Thanks!
  • jjbell34
    jjbell34 Posts: 37
    Options
    You also said you are breastfeeding still right? Usually your period doesn't come back until you stop breastfeeding. I had my son 8 months ago and as soon as i stopped breastfeeding (earlier that I would have liked do to medical complications) I got my period back and it is much heavier than before I had a baby, but it is very regular now (before i had a baby it was irregular and I was on the pill for 8 years). Everyone's body is different though, if in doubt call the doctor though. Never hurts to ask about it. :-)