Want protein mix and coffee recipe...

Options
Rae6503
Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
I just tried: 12oz coffee, 4oz milk, 1 scoop vanilla protein powder and a few ice cubes. Not all that great. Not enough ice cubes to make it shake-like at all but tastes like watered down coffee. Maybe less milk next time....

I slept in and did my work out after breakfast instead before so I only had one cup of coffee before instead of my usually 2-3. I know. I have a coffee problem.

Replies

• rmsrws
    rmsrws Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    I use instant coffee, protien powder, milk and ice and blend. I don't add the water for the coffee. Sometimes I'll use coffee creamer fat free in place of the milk, in that case I use about half the water I'd use for hot coffee.
  • luckygrrrl
    Options
    I would say less coffee AND less milk. Most protein powders are made to be mixed with 8 oz of fluid or less. Try 6 oz coffee and 2oz milk per scoop. I like to use espresso, then the flavor is really strong and you can use less liquid.
  • LettyM62
    LettyM62 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    What a coincidence, I did the same thing yesterday. My coffee drink was also very watered down.

I'm planning ahead next time. I'm going to brew some really strong coffee, then put it in an ice cube tray and freeze overnight. The next day I'll put the "coffee" ice cubes in the blender with the milk and protein powder and maybe some cocoa powder. Hopefully it will have the right consistency, then.
  • laurelei09
    laurelei09 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've been using Click. It does the job for the taste your looking for, I'd think. I get mine from Amazon.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    MY Protein Coffee Frappacino:

Two shots espresso - or if you are making regulare coffee, make it twice as strong as you usually do - my espresso shots come out to be about a 1/3 cup measure.
    Add to the hot coffee one scoop of vanilla protein powder

4 oz almond milk poured over 7 large ice cubes, cracked.

Stir the protein powder well into the hot coffee to dissolve.

Pour that over the ice and almond milk.

Blend well.

nom nom. :smile:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    There are no instructions on my stupid protein mix! I had no idea how much liquid I was supposed to use with it. I've been using 12oz.
  • bowlerdee
    Options
    Try the Dymatize Elite Gourmet Protein!!!!! They have TONS of flavors!!! I use the Milk Chocolate flavor. I use a little more than one scoop (apprx 42g) in 12 oz of cold coffee. Shake it up....tastes like a Mocha Coffee!!!!! So awesome and it keeps me full!!!! You can also do it in a blender with a bunch of ice and it's a great smoothie/frozen drink!!!!