GF, DF, Egg-Free, Almond-Free, Coconut-Free, Yeast-Free Recipe Ideas??

Options
seyhell
seyhell Posts: 3 Member
Please post recipes, I just started this diet ordered by my Dr. and am having a hard time finding foods I CAN eat that are also satisfying.

Replies

• ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    With so many limitations, have you considered asking for a referral to a registered dietitian? They should be able to help you plan an adequate diet with all those limitations.

EDIT:

In the mean time, try looking for rice/tofu recipes. Those would cover carbs and protein sources. Add some veggies you like and you can get a balanced meal.
  • Liamsm0m
    Liamsm0m Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Lots of fruits and vegetables. Smoothies made with fruits and veggies and a dairy free milk. My RD has helped with meal ideas. I would definitely find one.
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I find it easier just to adjust regular recipes - replace eggs with flax eggs, wheat flour with gluten free flour, dairy with dairy free products by silk or daiya, etc.

Sure, you may have some failures in the kitchen in the short term - but in the long term you’ll pick up a sense of how much the ratios will differ with your swap outs. Most should be 1:1 though except the flour can be tricky if you can’t find a brand that’s 1:1 substitute.
  • kam26001
    kam26001 Posts: 2,799 Member
    Options
    Rice pasta. Marinara sauce.
    Rice and beans. Avocado.
  • karlpm
    karlpm Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Water
  • plythacur
    plythacur Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    A lot of Chinese, Japanese and Indian food recipes should work for you. Mexican would be okay too if you stick to corn tortillas instead of flour. For example fajitas with corn tortillas and guacamole instead of crema or cheese would be fine. You could also eat most stir frys and any curries that don’t have coconut milk. Quinoa, beans, lentils, rice, oats, and starchy vegetables can all be prepared in a ton of different ways. Even just grilled meats and veggies should be pretty satisfying.
  • gennybourdages
    gennybourdages Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It's better if you focus on what you can eat then what you can't eat. I am gluten-free vegan with sulfates/sulfites sensitivities and super picky eater and I still find tons to eat! What types of recipes are you looking for? Favourite foods?
  • chunkytfg
    chunkytfg Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    plythacur wrote: »
    A lot of Chinese, Japanese and Indian food recipes should work for you. Mexican would be okay too if you stick to corn tortillas instead of flour. For example fajitas with corn tortillas and guacamole instead of crema or cheese would be fine. You could also eat most stir frys and any curries that don’t have coconut milk. Quinoa, beans, lentils, rice, oats, and starchy vegetables can all be prepared in a ton of different ways. Even just grilled meats and veggies should be pretty satisfying.

Just remember Soy sauce has Gluten in it so you'll need GF Soy sauce.