Cholestral query,

Options
Hi everyone,my cholestral allowance for the day is 300 but i love 2 poached eggs for my breakfast which takes me to 380 a day, is this harmful? My calories fir the day is always under,im a little bit confused,

Replies

• rj0150684
    rj0150684 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I think the current research indicates that dietary cholesterol has little to no impact on blood cholesterol, because your liver (which makes most of the cholesterol in your body) will just make less to compensate, but I’m not a doctor or researcher.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,583 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about your MFP default cholesterol goal, or a guideline given you by your doctor or registered dietitian?

If it's the MFP goal, I wouldn't worry. Dietary cholesterol is not that directly related to blood cholesterol, unless you have certain types of familial hypercholesteremia, as far as I know.

For certain, the cholesterol level won't affect your weight loss rate. Only your calorie goal is central for weight loss. (Of course, good nutrition is important for energy level and health, so you want well rounded good nutrition, not just low calories . . . but I don't think an extra 80g of cholesterol is, on its own, driving out other needed nutrition from your eating ;) . )

Calories for weight management + macronutrients/micronutrients for nutrition + exercise for fitness = best odds of good health.

Best wishes!
  • PatriciaJane69
    PatriciaJane69 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your replies, yes it is just on my MFP very helpful,✔