the weight is coming off

Options
hey guys just wanted yall to know so far ive lost 39 lbs in 7 weeks. there is no magic pill just hard work and eat healthy thats it

Replies

• JillyCornwall
    JillyCornwall Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Well done, thats a great loss
  • BlueJeanBabyQueen
    Options
    wow that is awesome. way to go! what are some tips?? i would like that to happen to me. Message me if you wanna
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    while that is great that your loosing

39 lbs in 7 weeks is a very unhealthy way to loose weight
  • diplomad
    diplomad Posts: 51
    Options
    Congrats! Im about to hit the 30lb mark myself. The more weight I lose the easier it gets.
    Keep it up!
  • GladImTall
    GladImTall Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    way to go!
  • Nichole90
    Nichole90 Posts: 118
    Options
    hey guys just wanted yall to know so far ive lost 39 lbs in 7 weeks. there is no magic pill just hard work and eat healthy thats it
    holy **** 39lbs in less then 2 months? thats insane what are you eating how many cals?
  • tilaisabel
    Options
    Congrats on the hard work and amazing results! :-)
  • Lantern823
    Lantern823 Posts: 115
    Options
    That loss is amazing, but thats 5.5 lbs a week, doesnt sound healthy..hope your being safe
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options

^ This. That's way too much per week to be losing weight in a healthy way.
  • mommyrox05
    mommyrox05 Posts: 238
    Options

Amazing!!! Absolutly AMAZING!
  • tiny33
    tiny33 Posts: 13
    Options
    not really im a big guy i weighed 371 pounds i now weight 332 i eat all of my calories everyday but im a bike rider
  • tiny33
    Options
    the weight is falling off because im a big guy who rides a bike everyday but im eating healthy and giving it to the lord
  • ccarpe
    ccarpe Posts: 118
    Options

I think it can be healthy, it depends on what you are eating and how much your activity level has increased. I started 6/20/11 at 326 and this morning (8/13/11) I am down to 287. I completely changed how much, when and what I eat, faithfully count calories and walk/run four to six times a week. I feel so much more healthier right now than I have in many years.

I think you're doing great and as long as it's working for you, you are eating properly and exercising, I say keep it up. I also know that there will come a point when the losing slows down or plateaus for awhile, but be faithful and work hard and you will achieve your goal.
  • tiny33
    Options
    2700 cals
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Let's remember to be supportive, and careful with out criticism.

For people who are losing 40 or less pounds, then 5 lbs/week would be too much, but people who have more to lose can manage to lose more. Don't forget their BMR is higher, and eating the minimum of 2000 net calories (not to mention less!) still means a defecit, and bigger loses.

After the first few weeks (where you also lose more beause of water weight in the beginning), your weight-loss should slow down to about 1% of your total body weight... So, if you're say 250, lbs 2.5lbs a week.

Way to go so far, and remember to stay healthy and listen to your body. Amazing job. smiley-party0002.gif
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Thats an amazing loss, well done. Weight tends to come of faster when yu have more to lose, its not unhealthy.
  • ccarpe
    ccarpe Posts: 118
    Options
    the weight is falling off because im a big guy who rides a bike everyday but im eating healthy and giving it to the lord

Amen. I have gone on so many diets in the past but this is honestly the first time that I have asked the Lord for help and I pray for His help every single day (probably more like every meal and/or craving). What a difference it is making in my attitude too. And this site is amazing.
  • tiny33
    Options

Amen. I have gone on so many diets in the past but this is honestly the first time that I have asked the Lord for help and I pray for His help every single day (probably more like every meal and/or craving). What a difference it is making in my attitude too. And this site is amazing.
    yes it is
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    Good job!!!!

And skeptics, get a grip. When you're over 300 lbs (which I am also, currently), weight tends to come off real easy in the beginning. Doesn't mean that he's being unhealthy about it.