Realization about eating back calories

Options
2»

Replies

• SDV219
    SDV219 Posts: 106
    Options
    I'm really going to have to look at what I eat and how to achieve eating back my calories, and at least netting 1200. Some nights I find myself sooo full, that it would hurt my stomach to eat another thing. But I don't want to stop working out everyday until I know that it is a habit, and it becomes to the point that i NEED to exercise to feel better. KWIM?? I just want to do what's healthy for my body, but I'd love for the numbers to just be falling off too! Last week after exercising for more than a week straight I gained 2 pounds!! But I never once ate my exercise calories back. This week I upped my calories, and have been trying to eat some of them back, but seem to always be at 800+ deficit. Not good. Gotta get me some of those protein bars!!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    What I would like to know is this - does it work better to eat back ALL your exercise calories or just some of them? I am afraid to eat back all of them but would try it if it was proven to work better. As a rule, I only allow myself to eat back about half but I don't do this often enough to notice if it boosts the loss or not.

Don't be afraid! It really works when you are a regular exerciser. You must give it a shot for 2 weeks and enjoy the success. (this does not mean eat them all back in the form of cupcakes, though--tee hee).

blessings.
  • LaurnWhit
    LaurnWhit Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    What exactly is eating back your calories?? Is it okay to go over your calorie intake and then work it off to meet the goal for the day??
    Yes, but I prefer to word it as exercising to earn extra calories. That way you are earning something rather than seeing exercise as a punishment because you ate too much. And it'll keep you from falling into the mindset of 'I can have this cheesecake, I'll just do a few rounds on the treadmill later'.
  • Texalese
    Texalese Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Good to know! I've been wondering about this.
  • imustbegood
    imustbegood Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I am aiming to lose 2lb per week which put me on 1200 cals but I found I wasn't losing - have now read about eating exercise. Cals and have upper my cals to 1400 everyday to allow exercise cal eat back and itbis working much better - haven't eaten back all cals from exercise but only just started upping it :)
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I eat all of mine which sometimes means I eat 2300 calories. I love it. And yeah, if i have a big workout planned (like a mountain bike ride) in the evening I eat more all day even if it means going above goal because I know the exercise will push me back below goal. It's not hard if you eat real foods and not "diet" foods.