how often do you weigh in?

Options
i was just wondering how often people weigh them selves to check for weight loss?? every day?? Once a week???

Replies

• Chunkabutt83
    Options
    most people do it once a week, some every day and some once a month. I like the once a week personally.
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I'm on the scales multiple times a day. I am always so curious as to "How much did that meal weigh in my belly." or "How much does 32 oz of water make me put on"

But for weight loss tracking. Once a week. Anymore than that and I find I get discouraged by the up and downs that occur day to day.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    I'm on the scales multiple times a day. I am always so curious as to "How much did that meal weigh in my belly." or "How much does 32 oz of water make me put on"

But for weight loss tracking. Once a week. Anymore than that and I find I get discouraged by the up and downs that occur day to day.

BTW, 32oz of water weights pretty much 32oz.
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    My official weigh in is every other Thursday at my doctors office but I do check it on opposite weeks here at home once in awhile. I think it is up to each individual but I do know that weighing everyday got hard for me cause my weight flucuated so much do to water weight and etc from day to day.

Hugs
    Bev
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I think once is a week is good. Most important is weighing the same day and time. I make my offical weigh in on wednesday mornings around 7am. I do sneak and look at lot during the week though. I can't help it- LOL
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I've been weighing in on average of twice a week.
  • mommyrox05
    mommyrox05 Posts: 238
    Options
    I weigh every day!! I know it's a little obsessive..(LOL), but it keeps me motivated! I do a official weigh in once a week!!!
  • looklikeaskeleton
    Options
    i've tried doing it just once a week but i usually do it every morning now. and sometimes before i go to bed..
  • capNramsey
    capNramsey Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Once a week works for me. The scale drives me crazy if I look at it every day. Easier to keep track only once a week.
  • lindasheldon1348
    Options
    Ijust started 2 weeks ago. I have been weighing every day but I think I'm going to twice a week. It is hard to stay off the scales to see how good I've done. I don't know. I might wait awhile to weigh twice a week. I'll let you know.
  • greatdragon
    Options
    No more then once a week
  • backwardslant
    backwardslant Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Personally, I like to weigh in every morning. I know that they say that some people get discouraged by the little ups and downs, but for me it's a reminder to keep eating healthy and exercising. If I have a really good day I like to see the little drops just to encourage me, and if I have a bad day (eating not as great) then seeing the little spikes is a good reminder to keep on track. I generally use my weekly weight as the main guideline, but the daily check-in is a good motivation for me.
  • JustJudy
    JustJudy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I weight myself daily, in the mornings. For tracking weight loss, well, I haven't lost in quite sometime now so when it's significantly different. More than 1 pound, I log it in. But like I said I can't remember the last time I tracked a loss
  • NeilSmith73
    NeilSmith73 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My official weigh day is every Tuesday morning before I get ready for work. However, I also step on the scales at other times even though i do try to resist it.