No weight lost BUT there’s a happy ending

Options
1lone_wolf
1lone_wolf Posts: 57 Member
I weigh myself every two months and for the first time since logging in (245 day streak on MFP) I didn’t lose weight. I broke even on the scale but I’ve changed my diet (most significantly adding creatine) and lost some fat but gained muscle. And overall I still lost over 45 pounds. 6bksufmehrtx.jpeg

Replies

• VUA21
    VUA21 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    Body recomp!!! After a while, it's fat loss that's the goal, not necessarily weight.

Congratulations!!!!

I've spent the last year doing a slow recomp after a massive weight loss (170lbs). I'm now back to losing more fat as I am happy with my musculature.
  • 1lone_wolf
    1lone_wolf Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    VUA21 wrote: »
    Body recomp!!! After a while, it's fat loss that's the goal, not necessarily weight.

Congratulations!!!!

I've spent the last year doing a slow recomp after a massive weight loss (170lbs). I'm now back to losing more fat as I am happy with my musculature.

Thanks for the encouragement!! And congrats on your success as well !
  • shan_reg
    shan_reg Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I’m in the process of doing this also after 185lb loss. Recomp is a tricky science but it appears to be going well.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!