those jeans i fit in 4 months ago :sad:

Options
:sad:
When I got up this morning, i looked in the wardrobe for something to wear and found a pair of my nice bootleg cut jeans and thought um i will put them on. As its been the summer ive not worn jeans for a while, just leggings, flarey skirts and tops to hide my belly and tracky bottoms when ive been relaxing.

OMG i couldnt even get them over my hips without scraping them up my thighs! I know i had put on some weight since stopping smoking but this was ridiculous. i thought it had gone on my belly and not my hips. Its not even gone on my bust and I really would like that a bit bigger!

The comfy tracky bottoms went on. How can you feel good when this happen? ive been working out like a dog and eating really healthily and would have thought something would have come off by now. My weight is still sitting at the same as it was 3 weeks ago.

Im now going to chart the size of my hips and that bit halfway between your belly button and hips, but does anyone know a quick way for getting the hip size down. i live in Scotland and winter will be here soon lol! I will need my jeans for work and i am refusing to buy new ones!

Help :flowerforyou: what can i do?
Thanks

Julia

Replies

• bbush18
    bbush18 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    squats and hip lifts! Those seem to work best for me! :)
  • shelbygeorge29
    shelbygeorge29 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Are you fastidiously tracking every bite that goes in your mouth? When I fail to track my intake closely, and/or tell myself "this little bite won't hurt" . . . well, the pounds come at me with full force!

But, you should really commend yourself for quitting smoking!!! That is something that will really help get you healthy! So while your jeans might be tight, you can feel very virtuous about dropping the butts!
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Is it possible it's water bloat? You could try flushing your system with a diuretic.

Here's one recommended by Jillian Micahels: http://www.nowloss.com/jillian-michaels-lose-5-pounds-in-7-days-diet-drink.htm
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Really the only true way to shrink anything is overall weight loss. Spot work does not do much. Could it be that you weren't watching your food intake since you were being so good about exercising regularly? If I don't track every day, I fall into bad habits. You would think that I would know what is a good choice and what is not, after almost 2 years on here, but If I don't have the numbers in front of me, I manage to justify almost anything! I so feel your pain. I am scared to death this will happen to me, so that's why I log, log, log.

So, get back to logging everything, both food and exercise, stay within your net calorie goal, and it will be off before you know it!
  • vwfrog
    vwfrog Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Isnn't that just the worst/ hardest place to lose! That is where I gain first, every time!

I've been 'you tube' searching for The Firm Express and Tracy Anderson workouts and have found some that are promising. I'm TCUfrogGirl on you tube if you wanna find me and look at my playlists. I don't have them totally organized yet, but, at least a starting point!.

The , The Firm Bun Burn.. yeah, it burns and gives you a good ' hey i worked my *kitten* out' sore! Here is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n-GL70MN4k&feature=BFa&list=PL55A8D1385BF33AF1&index=16

There are some Tracy Anderson mini-videos (just a few minutes) where she walks you through moves for hips, too. (on my you tube playlists).

~vw
  • julzmm
    julzmm Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    thanks guys, i have been tracking what i eat to the gram and i am so hungry still. i have to check what i eat aswell as my cholesterol level is too high, so i have to eat low fat, low saturated fat foods, so everything is checked. Its driving my other half mad (his cholesterol is higher than mine!). We have never really eaten poorly, most of our food is veg and salads but bulking up on bread/potatoes but we do like red meat. Ive managed to stay about 1230 cal each day even after exercise, ive cut out the red meat and stopped eating bread.

Is my body still adjusting from stopping smoking do you think?
  • mcarmon
    mcarmon Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I would just make sure that you are doing exercises in a balanced way. If the fat is gone and you are building up your hip muscles, that could explain why they aren't shrinking. I would not be concerned if you are following your diet and exercise plan. Who knows - it might just be a plateau. Those happen sometimes. I think it's because muscle weighs too, so when you build muscles the scale doesn't show that you're losing fat (even though you are!).