An excuse for not finishing a C25K workout

Options
I've been doing C25K for 6 weeks now. Until Wednesday, I had completed every workout.

But on Wednesday night, when I was 20 minutes into my 25 minutes run, my wife's water broke. I ran back home and took her to the hospital, where she delivered a healthy 9 pound 9.7 ounce baby boy.

Life is good. We got back home last night. Now I just have to make sure that I keep nutrition and exercise in my new, baby-centered schedule.

Replies

• arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats.
  • justimogen
    Options
    I suppose that's a pretty good excuse. ;)

Congratulations!
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Aww! Congratulations!!
  • PatientBear
    Options
    I've been doing C25K for 6 weeks now. Until Wednesday, I had completed every workout.

But on Wednesday night, when I was 20 minutes into my 25 minutes run, my wife's water broke. I ran back home and took her to the hospital, where she delivered a healthy 9 pound 9.7 ounce baby boy.

Life is good. We got back home last night. Now I just have to make sure that I keep nutrition and exercise in my new, baby-centered schedule.

Whatever. She could have waited 5 minutes.

Kidding. Congrats man!!
  • kernowprincess
    kernowprincess Posts: 135 Member
    Options

Wow, congrats dude.
  • helenium
    helenium Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    You're excused. But you can't pull off the same excuse again for a MINIMUM of 9 months! :laugh:
  • punkindoesit
    punkindoesit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    NO EXCUSES! You should have finished that run during labor!

Kidding! Congrats on the newborn!
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! cheers.gif
  • otr12
    otr12 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Unacceptable! You're going to have to put that boy in a stroller and do that day over again. I hope you're the type that's motivated by screaming.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I guess we can let you slide, only just this once though. :wink:

Congratulations!!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Best excuse ever....congratulations!!!
  • victoriashea
    Options
    When I read the title of this post I thought to myself, "Oh, this oughta be rich..."
    Jillian Michaels' rules are, "Unless you puke, faint, or die, keep going!" But I think we can safely modify:

"Unless you puke, faint, die, or procreate, keep going!"

Congratulations, pal!
  • pippyrlz23
    pippyrlz23 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Congrats.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    That's the best excuse ever. ... Congratulations. . Enjoy your new baby. . Children are such a precious gift.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, new baby will definitely have the exercise part covered. Congrats!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    aww bless! congrats on the new arrival! enjoy your newborn cuddles! they grow up too quickly
  • cantina920
    cantina920 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Great excuse! Congratulations!
  • pbeans
    pbeans Posts: 42
    Options
    Well, there are some good excuses. Congratulations to you and your wife!!!