MPF exercise calculation not correct?

Options
mswonka
mswonka Posts: 14 Member
edited June 2018 in Fitness and Exercise
I walked about 6 miles and rode 4 miles on my bike to burn approx. 500 calories today, per my Samsung phone. I consumed 1,375 calories of my 1,200 calorie goal. Is MPF glitching today, because the math doesn't add up. Per the attached, MFP says I'm over 175 calories. I'm not buying the "Samsung over calculated calories burned" MPF thinks.

Any advice is appreciated, please. Thank you!

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    In your first picture it shows exercise cals 0, so the problem is your exercise didn't sync with your food diary. Rather than 0 I would think it should show the 173 from your second picture.
  • mswonka
    Options
    Right, but look at this picture. MFP does show the large number of steps, but it's still not adjusting my exercise number.

Contradictory. Hmmm...
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Did you log exercise manually on MFP as well? I'm sorry, I must have a different version of the app and don't see that much detail for my exercise calorie adjustment from my Fitbit. If it normally works correctly and today it's off, there are glitches from time to time so I wouldn't worry about it.

Hopefully someone who has the same equipment you do will come along and have more insight.
  • mswonka
    Options
    I only manually logged the bike ride and the steps were synced from my phone. I agree, must be a glitch. Thank you very much!!