I need help with ideas.

Options
sllayt3r
sllayt3r Posts: 5 Member
Hey,

I've tried a few times to track macros to lose weight and in doing so I end up giving up due to being bored with eating the same foods. I need help with recipe/meal ideas to shake it up a bit.

I don't want to eat crap just because I can fit it in my macros.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything you want and lose weight. Just eat less. You don't have to track macros to lose weight. But you have to eat less. A healthy diet is balanced and made up of a variety of foods. You can use any recipe you want.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Macros are just a guideline, something to shoot for. You don't have to hit them perfectly every day.

I really just try to hit/exceed my protein and fiber goals and plan my meals around them. I might glance at fat, but I don't really worry about it, and I really don't care where my carbs end up as long as the other stuff looks good.

It's going to be hard for you to get suggestions without telling what your macros are and which ones you struggle with. You might try poking around in the Food & Nutrition forum, as there are often posts in there from people looking for ideas to get more of a specific macro.
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    You should concentrate on calories more than macros to get started. It is important to get protein but if you have a balanced diet it shouldn't be a problem and you can always add a protein shake. The carbs and fats are unimportant unless you have a specific medical condition or if eating a certain way makes you hungrier.

I pretty much eat whatever. This last week I have had pizza, 2 salads, 2 stir frys, clam strips, trout, tilapia, ribeye steak, eggs a couple of different ways, bacon, chicken, sandwiches, and chips to name a few.
  • sllayt3r
    Options
    Thanks all. I appreciate you taking the time to send me some advice. I'll look to keep updated about how I go on here. B)
  • ashxtasticness
    ashxtasticness Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Pintrest is a babydoll when it comes to finding healthy recipes/options.
    There are tons of different diets out there, but most of them have at least a few delicious meals that you can eat on any of them.
    I love the squash and zucchini for noodles, cauliflower for potatoes and rice etc.

My main protein sources are turkey products (burger, meatballs, sausage, pepperoni), chicken, shakes, greek yogurt and raw nuts.

I get most of my carbs from fresh fruit and vegetables (cooking the veggies in different combos with different sauce/seasoning helps me not get too bored with them) and making different types of salad keeps that an interesting meal as well.

Best of luck and have fun experimenting with new recipes!
  • sllayt3r
    Options
    Pintrest is a babydoll when it comes to finding healthy recipes/options.
    There are tons of different diets out there, but most of them have at least a few delicious meals that you can eat on any of them.
    I love the squash and zucchini for noodles, cauliflower for potatoes and rice etc.

My main protein sources are turkey products (burger, meatballs, sausage, pepperoni), chicken, shakes, greek yogurt and raw nuts.

I get most of my carbs from fresh fruit and vegetables (cooking the veggies in different combos with different sauce/seasoning helps me not get too bored with them) and making different types of salad keeps that an interesting meal as well.

Best of luck and have fun experimenting with new recipes!

I'm off to open a Pinterest account. Thanks for leaving some great advice.